Default R15 Player Animations Now Include Strafing and Backpedaling [Beta]

Seems like something happened… AGAIN.

Animations now will override IKControl. Also, resetting the Transform of the Motor6D also overrides the IKControl.

This change started happening 1-2 days ago. It probably started when this issue was fixed:

3 Likes

This feature turns itself off every time I reload a place and has been doing for some time now - is this likely to change soon?

7 Likes

Same here, can’t find anyway to see how to keep it. After almost a year of having it, it should seem it would honestly make public. Its extremely well made and I love it personally.

Is it possible to get the Animation bundle link for this?
Like this Oldschool Animation Pack - Roblox

1 Like

I still can’t get this feature to work in live games. Is anyone else having some trouble?
Enabling works for in studio, but as soon as you close and re-open the studio it’s disabled again.

2 Likes

For anyone else who stumbles on this issue, I found that copying the strafing animation script in the studio, pasting it into a starter character, or using scripts to clone and reparent the strafing script. It fixed the issue in live games as well.

3 Likes

Unfortunately the overlapping animation issue is still pretty relevant. The forward animation just for some reason look choppy and it’s very noticable after a few seconds. It’s probably a misplaced key in the animation. Could we get an ETA for the patch if possible? The update is solid, though looks pretty good besides that problem.

(example if the gif doesn’t load)

@BloxMachina

7 Likes

The problem is in the “run” animation (10899968825) frames both 15 and 16 rotate both the lowertorso and the uppertorso upwards for no reason and the arms freeze in place. The head frames are also sort of messed up in the following frames. I’ve made a few changes and replaced the default id with the edited one and it’s looking pretty smooth.

5 Likes

@BloxMachina This is also negatively impacting my experience and am unable to fix it as I am not an animator to any regard, any timeline for a fix?

2 Likes

Are you still seeing this behavior? Or can you now make strafing persistent in your games?
Some changes went in recently that had a decent chance of addressing this.

Can I still access this beta feature?

Awesome, it will improve a lot of games with that!
But! you should probably make so the head looks FORWARD with the new running and walking animations, looks pretty weird without that

Also wanted to say, yes, still occurs

Any chance we’ll see the default run animation being fixed? Strafing is unusable in production right now because the head on the default run animation (which is the only one which support strafing by default) jitters a lot. On top of this, the default animation isn’t looped properly giving a weird effect in-where the player’s right arm constantly pulls itself back rapidly.

2 Likes

Bump. This problem is definitely still around and it really sucks that we can’t use an amazing feature like this at all.

2 Likes

I’ve noticed the default animations movement heavily leans right in terms of how long a foot is down, I feel like it would be better if this was more even.

Wondering how to replace strafing animations with my own. Is it a replaceable animation through a script similar to this? (This example replaces running)

local Players = game:GetService("Players")
local runAnimation = "rbxassetid://616163682"

local function onCharacterAdded(character)
    local humanoid = character:WaitForChild("Humanoid")
end

local function onPlayerAdded(player)
    player.CharacterAppearanceLoaded:Connect(onCharacterAdded)
end

Players.PlayerAdded:Connect(onPlayerAdded)
2 Likes

Hi!
The way to swap in/out is described in the Update to the initial post.
You just need to add/remove instances under the Animate script, with the proper LinearVelocity Attributes.
EDIT: you can do this while the character is already live.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.