Deformable meshes flicker when MeshPart size changes

Taking wayyy longer than it should tbh.

2 Likes

I’m also experiencing this bug in my upcoming game which I am developing when removing meshes, was the internal codebase released?

This is still occuring in a game I’m currently developing for, Game Link.

Clips:
c716633ff432e5b424156aed847de03d

The repro posted above by EncodedLua still has the exact same bug happening, could you provide an update on the situation? You said that a fix would be released in future weeks back in June, has there been an issue preventing the fix?

A lot of our players encounter this issue in our game and report it to us as a bug, however we can’t find a work around for this and are also working on a new update and one of the effects in the game suffers this same issue. If an issue happened in the patch or the larger update is taking longer than expected would you be able to provide a time frame for the release so we may plan our update accordingly?

4 Likes

This fix is tied to a number of other unrelated changes which has delayed its release, but it is on its way soon. I can’t give you an exact eta, but you will be getting more information about the rollout in the next few weeks. Thanks again for your patience.

6 Likes

Heya, to clarify - will this also fix meshes flickering when changing the position offsets of their textures, or is that a whole other can of worms?

Flickering in what way? Deformation flickering to bind pose? Or texture flickering?

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/872621529429577748/893592800896090263/NQRFKgWFor.mp4
It seems to be the former.

In that case, yes, it should be fixed when our update goes out. If you want to test this to be sure, try to reproduce the flickering while playing the place in Studio. If you can do that, then turn on Cage Mesh Deformer Beta and the flickering should go away. If it doesn’t go away, please let us know. Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Hey, activating the mesh deformer beta has caused issues in regards to texture tiling:

The texture was originally seamless, but now it is not, along with other artifacts.
The studio place with the health bars is the place with Casge Mesh Deformer Beta turned on, and the baseplate is the default.
I’ll PM you the repro part shortly https://devforum.roblox.com/t/repro-object/1494572