Degraded quality of some images

In Adopt Me, many of the assets in the game are consistently appearing at a lower quality on seemingly all mobile devices.

This asset seen in the screenshots below appears consistently worse across all mobile devices we’ve heard reports from:
https://www.roblox.com/library/5950335050/Image

iPhone 7+ Screenshot (lower quality) Device Emulator iPhone 7+ Screenshot (normal)

Comparison picture:

We first got a report of this around this time last month, but have received significantly more reports due to such a frequently seen asset being affected.

16 Likes

This is a unique to Roblox issue and has been brought up before. Roblox has been experimenting with image compression it seems. Further, given the nature of the game, Adopt Me assets are rather likely to be memory efficient (i.e. certainly not massively upscaled for no reason and then downscaled, because that would hurt mobile very badly). Also, if you look at the images, they have very clear compression artifacts, not blurring, pixilation, or downscaling artifacts. Not sure why you’d assume something so silly.

6 Likes

I’ve had this exact same issue except quality is inconsistent across ALL devices, mobile or not. I’ve been trying to figure out what the common denominator is but it’s seemingly random.

Both screenshots are from monitors of roughly the same resolution and are taken in game.

4 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

3 Likes

This issue should now be resolved! If this issue is still occurring, please create a new topic for us to look into.

3 Likes