Deprecate and hide Workspace.AllowThirdPartySales

As a Roblox developer, it is confusing that the AllowThirdPartySales is still visible to developers despite never being enabled.

In July, the property was officially deprecated with the release of the new game security settings. However, the property is misleadingly still visible to developers. According to the API dump, this property unexpectedly does not have the [Deprecated] or [Hidden] tags.

13 Likes

Seriously needed for this to be hidden and deprecate, I don’t know why it has been almost 4-5 months that this announcement introduced to Game Settings and said: “As such, we will be deprecating this setting in favor of a game-wide permission…” hasn’t been addressed and removed from Workspace.

As a developer who uses and previews these types of properties, I don’t find this useful to still be here on Roblox Studio and the engine itself due to the fact that it’s been revamped onto Game Settings and never checked when enabling it.

I don’t want myself and others to still have this when an alternative is Game Settings when the majority of developers use. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like