[deprecated] Heavily edited ACS 2.0.2

status update v2
features noted for this update:

• ammo boxes - added
  • different explosion also for air explosions - added
  • place will get uncopylocked
  • Radio system(“Need Ammo!”, “Need Backup!”, “Need Pickup!”(also responses “No”, “Yes”), etc., Keybind is F) - added
  • overheating system + different options between overheating(delay, bolt-action then delay, slow fire on overheat, etc.)

an update after this update

• full-on crouch animation support(animation that can also be looped)
  • server-side reload animations
  • remastered default gun animations

I don’t know if you’ve done anything about this with your edition of ACS (my Roblox is currently broken), but one of the biggest annoyances with default ACS is that it does not work well with FPS unlockers (animations speed up because it doesn’t use deltaTime, mainly). That might be a useful fix to make for your edited version.

fps unlockers break a lot of games. if i’d try to fix this, i might break something else, or low fps users would have unnecessary buffs, you can just fix this by detecting if the user’s fps is more than 60, just set it to 60(look on devforum for fps locker scripts, they exist). i have no idea if i could do it, like i said, it could be buggy so that low fps users get buffs for no reason.

I respect your decision, though I personally think it would be quite player unfriendly to forcefully lock someone’s FPS. Furthermore, I would argue that using deltaTime would benefit everyone, since it would mean the animations would be consistent across all framerates, not just higher ones.

Lastly, I’ll just comment that in my experience using ACS with an FPS unlocker in its current state actually gives more of an advantage than if deltaTime were accounted for, since animations like ADS and sometimes reloading play faster. So it would actually be more fair to account for deltaTime. If you account for deltaTime, then any advantage higher FPS users have would be no different than the advantage someone playing at 60 FPS might have over someone playing at 30 FPS. Even with a 60 FPS cap differences in framerate still may give other players a small advantage.

I’ve been using an FPS unlocker for over a year now, and in my experience at least 90% of games work just fine. Usually only the cheaply-produced games have some minor issues and even then the game is still playable.

i just tested it, everything seems to be working fine except below ~35 fps, then aiming is slower, etc. my laptop screen has 60Hz max but i tried fps unlocker, and at more than 60fps, it didn’t really speed up any animations

you mean like it speeds up the reload animation for example? if so, no it doesn’t afaik, because ACS anims use TweenService.

Okay, that’s fair. I was much less confident about that one to be honest.

The main speedup I noticed that I am confident about was with ADS. I have also got a 60Hz monitor, however I typically run the average ACS game at 100-200 FPS. At less than 100 FPS the speed up isn’t really noticable, but over 100 it starts to affect gameplay. I’m sorry I can’t provide a demonstration (as mentioned, my Roblox broke recently).

i mean, roblox isn’t supposed to run at >60 fps anyway, but some players ofc bypass that. i don’t know how i would implement the deltaTime thing, like, i know how to use it, i don’t know where to put it exactly, i’m worried ill just break something so yeah idk if i’ll do it

Hello again,

My Roblox just started working for a brief period before breaking again, and so I am able to give proper feedback on not only the FPS thing but also other aspects of your current system.

(By the way, whenever I say “old <something>” I am referring to default ACS)

The Good
There are a few things that I really like. For one thing, I think the new UI is quite an improvement over the old UI. It looks cleaner and more fitting. Maybe you could make it a bit smaller since it does take up a fair bit of screen space, but other than that it looks good. Second, I really like that your game has modelled height-over-bore with the guns, since the bullets actually come out of the end of the barrel rather than magically coming out from your character’s chest.

The Inaccuracies
There were a few things that are incorrect in terms of realism, so I just thought I’d point them out if you’re interested.

First, the text that says the caliber the gun is chambered for displays incorrect values for some of the guns I tested. You can look this up on your own if you’re interested, so I’ll just give one example, but the AKM is listed as firing 5.56x45mm ammutition when it typically fires 7.62x39mm. There are variants of the AK platform that can fire 556, but this AKM doesn’t look like one of them. The M249 is also listed with the incorrect ammunition.

Another minor nitpick is the belt feeding for the M249. I like that it actually visibly feeds into the gun, but I notice that the gun fires much faster than the belt is actually seen feeding, so maybe you should look into that.

The Bad
Sadly, there are some things that I just are just bad about the game in its current state.

First, there are some bugs. It seems like the UI says the AKM starts in full auto, though I found that sometimes it actually started in semi auto and I had to switch to semi and back to full to get it working (this can be seen in action in the upcoming video recorded at 60fps). Also, after you reload with the M249, the belt no longer feeds. There may be others, I haven’t fully tested everything yet.

Second, I finally was able to do some tests with an FPS unlocker. Here is a clip of the game running at 60 FPS, and here is a clip of the game running with an uncapped FPS (with an FPS counter in the corner). I confirmed that reloads are not affected, but gun sway, ADS speed, and recoil are affected significantly to the point where it makes it difficult and annoying to play.

I know you said that you don’t want to implement a deltaTime solution and are worried it could break something. I would say that you can simply make a backup and take the time to learn how to use it in this context. It would be useful if you want to continue developing (especially if you ever go off of Roblox) to get more comfortable with it.

I know this was a long post, but I try to be as thorough as I can so people can improve their games as much as possible.

i mean, since my laptop has a fps cap of 60(aka i have 60Hz screen), and my pc specs are not the best(decent cpu, 8gb ram, but an integrated gpu), so you could be a tester for the game. i figured out i might do it anyway

add me if you want to be the tester of the game with different fps(my main acc: @korne123450), ill then add you to team create whenever ill go back to editing it.
and thank you so much for feedback

First, the text that says the caliber the gun is chambered for displays incorrect values for some of the guns I tested

that is because i only took like a freemodel akm, and i just edited it, i did have plans to then edit ALL guns to be accurate, but i forgor💀

Another minor nitpick is the belt feeding for the M249. I like that it actually visibly feeds into the gun, but I notice that the gun fires much faster than the belt is actually seen feeding, so maybe you should look into that.

i did it in a bad way, basically it checks if Animation.IsPlaying, it ignores, if it doesnt, it plays it. what i probably should do is either speed up the anim or just remove the line condition

First, there are some bugs. It seems like the UI says the AKM starts in full auto, though I found that sometimes it actually started in semi auto

i dont know why that would be, ill also look into that.

Also, after you reload with the M249, the belt no longer feeds.

i have 0 idea why that also is a thing, also will look into it.

Yeah, I could periodically help with testing if you’d like. Just keep in mind it’s something I’d do in my free time and so I won’t be always available/interested to test. Though I can definetely check in and see how it’s doing. I sent your main a friend request.

i tried putting deltaTime, for now, the only thing that happened is i kinda broke up the kit sadly

edit: update: i apparently fixed it, although, now it kind-of breaks below 60 fps.
edit 2: nevermind it gets a seizure at any framerate
edit 3: i don’t think i can do it sadly

An even bigger update than i thought

• ALL guns will have re-written ACS_Settings to have all the latest features
  • New: Scope-Sliding Mechanism(you can adjust FOV between “Zoom” and “Zoom2” values)
  • New chamber/Inspect animations
  • HEAT Feature(With heat effects)
    Heat includes modes: “SlowDown”, “Jam”, “HigherHeatHigherJamChance”, “Default”
  • New bullet tracer effects
  • Ammo boxes - Added
  • Different Explosions also for air explosions - Added
  • Radio system - Added
  • Place will get uncopylocked(I recommend getting the model only after it gets out of the beta though)

New known bugs

• Firemode bug(@takenmake report) - Will be fixed
  • High FPS issues(@takenmake report) - might stay that way, no idea how to actually fix
  • M249’s animations sometimes break(@takenmake report) - Probably will be fixed
  • M249’s animations slower than they should be(@takenmake report) - Will be fixed
  • Incorrect ammunition displayed(@takenmake report) - Will be fixed
1 Like

so, its been a long time since i posted an status update. keep in mind, project is still alive

upcoming in future version(idk when):

• Scope FOV adjusting system
  • New chamber(and inspect) anims
  • Heat features
  • New tracer effects(editable)
  • Ammo boxes
  • Different explosions for air explosions
  • Radio system(Enemy spotted, need medic, etc)
  • Gun Echo effects added back from ACS 1.7.5
  • Bullet Stability
  • Bullet Drag(useful for shotguns for example)
  • Configurable bullet distance(like in ACS 1.7.5)
  • Configurable bullet lifetime
  • Place will get uncopylocked (soon, i promise)
  • MOST PROBABLY more

known bugs:

• Firemode bug: @takenmake report: When i tested, it appeared to work normally, i don’t know how yours bugged
  • High FPS issues: @takenmake report: Plans to be fixed, possibly in an update after this one
  • M249’s animations sometimes break: @takenmake report: I have no idea why it does it.
  • M249 animations slower than they should be - Fixed(aka disabled Animation.IsPlaying condition)

i sent u a message on discord ------

I sent u a dm, do you still have this? It’s bery interesting

What an impressive step-up from the original ACS system! I thoroughly enjoyed using each and every tool given to me at hand and it felt pretty fluid to the hand. However, I do have my critiques and suggestions.

• The Flashbang is not long enough, the player should be blinded for longer and the sound should last longer too.
  • Aiming into guns while prone should make the gun be almost completely still, considering you’re resting the gun on your arms and the ground.
  • There should be bullet/impact holes from where you shot. I don’t know how this would fare on more complicated terrain like rock and asphalt but overall ACS is used in urban maps.
  • Disable the ability to aim in while reloading, I discovered this accidentally and it messes up the animation.
  • Once you surrender, you can’t switch back until you reset, which is an issue.

Overall though, I greatly appreciated the attention to detail you put in every weapon, particle, and animation. I can’t wait to see where this goes.

i do have some sad news to this. i “discarded” the project, because it got very laggy and is badly optimized, although i plan on re-creating the project soon with more features and less complicated design. i never was motivated to any project(like this), i am surprised i got this far honestly. soon enough though, i will complete this, so i guess stay tuned for that.

RE-CREATED PROJECT FEATURES:

• All features the old version had but more optimized and better done
  • All features that were supposed to come in next version
  • Further customizable guns: Stocks, Slides, Triggers, Handguards, Etc.
  • Ability to use roblox animation editor animations instead of function anims
  • FPS Issues being fixed
  • (Optional addon) Damageable vehicles + Tanks + Helicopters system(An update AFTER the release just because it is optional)
  • Possibly more, if you have more suggestions, DM or comment and maybe i’ll consider them!

NOTE: this will take me time because i just started and i don’t have all days to do it. I promise to release it as fast as i can though.

4 Likes

This is so sick, can’t wait for the uncopylocked release. The amount of effort put into it shows, and is a huge development for ALL ACS users.

Ah it still has the issue with knives and heads.
Any melee + headshots == game crashing.