Deprecated RBXScriptSignals Still Used

While browsing the Dev Hub I came across several pages that utilize deprecated RBXScriptSignals.
Such as, :connect(), :wait(), and :disconnect(). Which have been deprecated in favour of :Connect(). :Wait() and :Disconnect() respectively.

The following pages still have the deprecated code listed.

1. How to disconnect an event connection
  2. How to listen for and respond to a chat event
  3. Add Chat Commands
  4. Sound.Loaded
  5. Setting Players to Full Health

What should be done is have all pages up above updated to use the non-deprecated equivalents of the presently deprecated RBXScriptSignals. While fixing these is very likely minor priority, I have decided to create this topic so that Staff can update the articles when they have the time.

5 Likes

Yeesh some of those pages are super dated! While I’d like to give the recipes some more attention (namely #2 in your list), I’ve updated the code samples to be a little more modern. CTRL+F5 to hard refresh and you should see some updates!

Also, just a small correction - these are just deprecated method names. The RBXScriptSignal and RBXScriptConnection classes aren’t deprecated, just the lower-case method names.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.