Deprecating the Avatar Importer

f560e9edd9e870a067238812ea851888
To the left is the new 3D importer and to the right is the avatar importer they are the exact same mesh.

Roblox has significantly disrupted the functionality of their skinned mesh system. Previously, I could import a custom Rthro rig without issues. However, with the recent changes, the only way to use the Rthro option now requires an R15 rig. This new requirement is not only cumbersome but also undermines the flexibility and utility that the older system provided. The imposition of R15 compatibility for all custom rigs is, frankly, counterproductive and severely limits creative freedom.

Thanks for reporting! Could you please DM me this mesh so we can investigate?

Could you give examples of places where the current system is insufficient and why they need a custom Rthro rig?

Thank you for reaching out. I appreciate the opportunity to provide feedback on the current skinned mesh system and the necessity of custom Rthro rigs. Below are some specific examples and reasons why the current system is insufficient:

Previously, I created a series of detailed animations using a custom Rthro rig. These animations are integral to the unique movements and expressions of characters in my game. The new requirement to convert all custom rigs to R15 if you want to use the Rthro option. this results in significant loss of these custom animations. The R15 rig does not accommodate the same range of motion and detailed bone structure used in the custom Rthro rig, making it impossible to replicate the same animations without extensive rework. also
The custom Rthro rig allowed for greater creative flexibility, enabling more complex and lifelike character models that better fit the aesthetic and narrative of my game. The R15 rig, while functional, imposes limitations on the design and complexity of characters. For example, specific bone structures and skinning techniques used in my custom Rthro rig cannot be replicated with the R15 rig, leading to a compromise in the visual quality and diversity of characters.

i have the models on a diffrent account so at the moment that isent possible