Design for Engagement

Hello Developers,

In Measuring Engagement, we talked about identifying and tracking key engagement metrics in your game. Now you can measure your players’ engagement - great! But how can you build and improve engagement in your game?

Designing for Engagement discusses the five primary motivations behind player engagement. Each motivation is accompanied by examples of engagement-boosting features and suggested metrics to track for each.

If you’re new to our blossoming series of Analytics articles, get primed with our Introduction to Analytics.

These articles are written with our community in mind, so if you have any questions or suggestions for future analytics topics, please comment below!

Thanks,

The Developer Relations Team

25 Likes

Well, this will be quite useful. Engagement is one of the major players when it comes to a game’s conceptualization and production. Thank you for sharing insight on this topic.

2 Likes

Super awesome content here, definitely worth a read! Joins together all the concepts that allow games to succeed. Will constantly be checking our work against the articles going forward. :smiley:

3 Likes

Great article, really useful information. Keep it up :slight_smile:

“Allow your users to build creations” inb4 they build NSFW stuff and you get banned.

9 Likes

Really informative content indeed, this can be useful for new and old game developers!!

Thanks for this, and i can’t wait to read whats next!

1 Like

Perfect timing for me. I’ve been looking at ways to engage players in my game >:)

2 Likes