Design techniques for banner advertisements?

I recently opened up a new game and I was wondering how to make a good banner ad that would bring players to my game. Any techniques I could use? Here are some screenshots/videos for reference.

I’m basically just wondering if I could utilize any of these screenshots to put in a banner ad, or if I should use a solid background, what text, etc.

Blue and grey don’t attract much attention, at least on their own. Yellow is the go-to for this kind of thing. More specifically, a yellow object on a blue background.

Whenever people ask for ideas on art design for a game, I typically give this answer:

Research!!!

Look up advertisements from other games of a similar genre / style, and look at what they did. Chances are you’ll find something that was made by professionals, and you’ll have a good idea of what to implement in your advertisements to really make them catch the eye.

Good luck!

In my opinion, GFX ads are very eye catching, because they are 3D. Do you know how to make a GFX, or know anyone who can? If not, I highly suggest you watch a few tutorials, as it is an amazing skill that will help you out a lot in the future. Alternatively, I feel like you could edit some of the screen shots. Adding filters and special effects to it will attract players for sure!

I hope this was helpful! :heartpulse:

This game reminds me a lot of WarThunder and it has a lot of potential, how about you go look into WarThunder’s banners and inspire from them? I feel like it’s gonna brain storm you with ideas on banners, because WarThunder is a very successful game, and like @Raiinbow_Skies said, make it GFX, it’s honestly the way to go.

1 Like