Desktop Client Instantly Crashes After Launch (completely unusable)

Preface

As much as I would like to provide steps to reproduce this, it was a pretty random occurrence and I’m still not sure how exactly this came to happen. I have tried restarting my computer and reinstalling roblox, yet amazingly neither of these seem to have fixed the issue. Roblox still appears to be working on my laptop, so it does not seem to be an issue tied to my account. Additionally, Roblox Studio still works so I am able to continue developing no problem. This would suggest it is not an issue with the Engine, but an issue with the desktop app itself.

System Information:

CPU: Intel Core i7-12700k (12th Gen)
GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 3080
RAM: 64 GB DDR4

Video

Here is a video of my experience when I open the Roblox app, immediately after restarting my computer:

External Media

As you can see, Roblox opens a window with what appears to be a solid black background and a white square in the top left corner for an instant before crashing. The only other app open is Discord and other startup utilities. ShareX is the software I used to share the video, and all this software has worked with Roblox in the past. Running as administrator caused ShareX to stop recording, but it did the exact same thing after running as admin.

I don’t remember Roblox ever crashing while I used it, so this might have been some sort of faulty cleanup behavior or something along those lines. I do leave the client idle sometimes though so if it did crash on a menu screen or something, I’m not sure I would have noticed.

Hope this bug report helps. I am not aware of any sort of way I can obtain console output from the Roblox app or something but if there is then I would be more than happy to obtain that for you.

Expected behavior

The app should not crash on startup

You should provide logs or crash dump files to help debug the problem

I’m not sure how to attach a file in a way so that roblox engineers can view it but not regular forum members. I saw the field for that when I created the original post but I don’t know how to get that back now that the original post has been made

Message @bug-files with your log or dump files than put the private message link in the bug report. It’s the same thing the wizard does but manual

Alright, it appears to be intermittently working. I was able to play some games yesterday and today but I’ll gather the logs next time it happens.

Hey was machst du so ich bin Louis