Desktop Notification Showing the Browser Icon Instead of the DevForum Icon

Hi all,

So, ever since the DevForum icon was updated, desktop notifications display the icon of the browser rather than the DevForum:

Chrome:

Chrome_Notif

Edge:

I’m guessing these are just placeholder icons because the DevForum may not be providing them.

However, this does not happen on mobile because push notifications consist of the Discourse icon, in which the notification contents were unaffected by the DevForum icon change.

Thank you.

10 Likes

Can confirm – it started happening to me roughly when the devforum changed the logo on dark theme to white. Using Brave
Version 1.20.103 Chromium: 88.0.4324.152 (Official Build) (64-bit)

2 Likes

Not only the notifications, but the tab icon above the address bar doesn’t show the count either. I’m using Chrome, but it apparently happens no matter which browser you use.

1 Like

I can’t confirm this:

1 Like

Not entirely sure we’re on the same note here, I was talking about this option right here:

Found under preferences → interface

What it did was show the number of new notifications instead of the standard icon (the standard forum/studio icon was faded and the number was shown on top of it, to be more precise). Unfortunately, I don’t have any screenshots of it, but started happening around the same time as your + OP’s problem.

3 Likes

Ah yes, I have that one disabled because it isn’t always accurate on my machine.

3 Likes

This is the issue I’m having-- I have this setting enabled but it doesn’t work.

1 Like

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

3 Likes