Destruction Using New CSG Beta

When i saw new CSG beta i knew i had to try it. I managed to make kinda good destruction physics. There is still some lag. I will probably optimize it more. Not everyting is destroyable because it is just a test. Here is the video of my Project:

13 Likes

That is really cool!!!
I always wanted to make something like that but i was never sure how i would make the edges so jagged. :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

that is so satisfying, well done :+1:

1 Like

I made it even faster. I think that with the current speed, i will be able to use it in my game.
Here it is:

3 Likes

that is absolutely amazing, so satisfying!

2 Likes

How did you make the fragments + the fragments fall? I’m new to CSG destruction like this and with what I have it only subtracts the part from the union instead of splitting like that

I am wondering this too…

This system looks great @BubasGaming!

Nice job on it! :smiley::+1:

So nothing here is anchored, only the floor. Everything is welded in a tree structure like Walls are anchored to Floor, Windows to Walls, Root to Walls. For destruction i generate 5 or more parts in the same position slightly offseted and and randomly rotated. Then i use them on walls using Intersect and Subtract. The Intersected result we cut in smaller pieces by creating long but skinny parts and using Substract (We do the same for Windows as they shatter instantly instead of having holes). Back to the Substracted walls, we use function called ‘CalculateConstraintsToPreserve’ so that we can keep the Welds. And that’s all i think but i will try to optimize it even more so it can be used in games.

6 Likes

Wow, thank you! I have asked 5 other people but they said they couldn’t tell me how it works. This is amazing thank you!

1 Like

Would you say this is better than Voxel Destruction?

1 Like

Visually? Yes. Performance? Uhh… i mean it shouldn’t be that bad.
In my opinion, voxel destruction is overused. It’s in many new games.
For me this looks visually better than blocky destruction, but it depends on the person.

3 Likes