Detailed Tavern/Saloon

For the past 3 weeks about I’ve been working on a showcase for my portfolio, which I haven’t made yet. I’m very happy with it so far. But here are some pictures:

I used blender, quixel mixer, textures.com, modular tree blender addon, hdrihaven and I also used ZacAttakks texture plugin. Everything other than the textures was made by me.

It’s gonna be shadowmap ingame at the time I post this but in the screenshots it’s future lighting.

I probably should’ve planned better and I got a little carried away with inside details before finishing the building but hey, live and learn. Any suggestions? I do need to come up with a name so if you got an idea, I’ll take it.

21 Likes

In my opinion the level of detail is great, and the inclusion of lights inside the house add to the homely feel that you’ve created. One small criticism which I have is that it seems slightly claustrophobic inside, and I’m not sure if it’s due to the picture’s angles or the size of the interior. This is probably just due to the fact that there is no humanoid in the pictures so I can’t get a feel for relative size.

Also another small thing: could you reduce the glare off of surfaces? I’m not a modeller and I’m not sure if you can do this easily but maybe by changing the material of the parts with textures on to something different you could stop the specular reflection of light and make it more diffuse, reducing this glare.

Nonetheless it is a great build, and it will look amazing with FIB lighting changes too. Great work!

1 Like

You can’t really change the glare on surfaces. Which is why you can’t use light to simulate it bouncing because it shows the glare. Hopefully they change this in the future. Also there’s player scale.

3 Likes

Awesome. It looks a lot less claustrophobic now haha. And that’s unfortunate but the rest of the build is really good! Maybe we can expect PBR Textures soon…

3 Likes

Pictures are look good , graphics are look good too :slightly_smiling_face: keep it up

2 Likes

And i am playing your game , is cool :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Thank you! :smiley: I plan on adding rooms on the upstairs and maybe a basement.

1 Like

Great work, Eth_r, the details really help give this build it’s atmosphere, however here could be more detail behind the bar but besides that this is really good.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion! I’ll be adding a lot more detail and props once I get the upstairs and outside done. I will also add things outside and more rocks and maybe mushrooms and plants.

1 Like

I absolutely love this build. By far one of my most favorite builds I have seen all day, maybe even this entire month!

1 Like

Thanks! I’m finishing up the exterior right now.

3 Likes

What a beautiful build. There is really absolutely nothing wrong with that. Good job!!

I myself see nothing wrong with this. Its absolutely stunning! Keep up the good work :heart: