Detect if confirm purchase dialog is open?

So I’m trying to route my UI tabs to buttons on a gamepad control but like over half of them are being used by something else. I want B to close my shop and it’s already routed to the cancel part of the confirm purchase dialog. This means that if that dialog is open and a player hits B, my shop closes too.

I want the shop to stay open. Can I detect if the confirm purchase dialog is visible so I can make sure my shop doesn’t close?

Know when client cancelled :PromptProductPurchase / Way to hide or cancel the gui

You can’t check if it’s currently open, but you are able to see when it’s closed with this and this

You can listen for them when you prompt the purchase

Wow… That’s going to make this a real chore to work with. In fact, those are basically useless for this situation.

Any black magic I could use with those to detect if it’s open?

I can totally agree with this, might want to give it a shot!

How would I use that to detect if it’s open?

It’s not really a chore… just make a variable true when you prompt the purchase, and then when one of those events fire, make it false.

Exactly!

Alright thanks. It is kind of a chore w/ my setup though.

Is there no way to detect when a developer product purchase is finished? It doesn’t seem to fire when I finish those. I can’t find anything on the wiki about an event for that either.

Edit: It seems it’s supposed to work so this must be a bug? Apparently this used to be a thing but isn’t anymore: https://developer.roblox.com/api-reference/event/MarketplaceService/PromptProductPurchaseFinished

https://developer.roblox.com/api-reference/event/MarketplaceService/PromptPurchaseFinished should work for products. There used to be an event specifically for developer products, but it is deprecated.

Okay so that doesn’t work with dev products. Weird.

So basically this now half works. Lovely. I guess I’ll make a feature request for what I needed in the first place.

Are you not able to work with ProcessReceipt and have a remote tell the client of the result?

I could but at this point I’ve rage quit on trying this lol.