Detect when Player Hovers Tool over GUI

Hello, I am needing some support on figuring out how to detect when a player hovers their tool over a GUI and then getting what that tool is called. I am in the process of making a storage system where the Player can store their tools into a GUI and access them from that GUI. However I am firstly needing to detect the tool they are wanting to store. If you have any better solutions instead of doing it this way, let me know. A video of what I am trying to do is below for a sort of better explanation.

https://gyazo.com/0655b351ee85889628ee3436f61cc795

1 Like

yeah thats not possible with CoreGui because roblox’s backpack is inside CoreGui

maybe like try making your own backpack system? then you can detect the hovering because gui is not parented under CoreGui

correct me if im wrong but i think thats impossible to detect CoreGui backpack hovering over gui

I’ll just try and get the player to input the Tool name for what they want to be stored instead of making a whole new backpack. Thank you for letting me know.

1 Like

Maybe, you could disable the inventory and make ur own inventory.

Note:

1. When a gear is in someone’s inventory, but not equipped, its in player.Backpack

2. When a gear is equipped, its in player’s character.