DeterminantAI - chatGPT powered NPCs that you can customize!

it is, to an extent, readable. if what you meant was “kind of this here this here too” with no organisation whatsoever then yah.

Yeah… but organization is one of the bases to make an SDK readable, which in this case, the plugin source is NOT readable

There is not github repo for this plugin

I cannot contribute to it, considering the creator does not seem to fix issues after days of delay

this isnt even an sdk to begin with this is a framework if not just a package

well who said you cant just like edit the source in place

You said it yourself, quoting:

The creator clearly states this is an “SDK”, even though I don’t really like that qualification for this project, I am just using the creator’s words.

Very cool project! I’ve tested it out and works pretty well! However, I do notice a problem where the AI fails to respond within a couple of messages when RPD of gpt 4 is reached. Is there any way to prevent this?

2 Likes

How does the “Perception” feature actually work? Does it just trust the model name I put in the workspace? Does it examine the model itself??

We are working on a solution to rate limits.

4 Likes

Roblox doesnt have a computer vision component so i guess it uses raycast then it adds the input inside the as the material of the car and the names like “window” “wheel” and so on

We’re going to deploy some changes to enhance our service. To make this happen, we’ll be temporarily pausing the service shortly, will keep the downtime as brief as possible. Thank you for your patience!

Please update the plugin, it’s working now. If you encounter any issues, please let me know. The plugin will be frequently updated over the next few days. Please set it to “Auto Update” in “Manage Plugins” so you won’t miss out any new features.

NEW Update>>
We’ve fixed the issue with the AI not responding due to usage limits. Now all users will be use the AI for up to 100 requests per day!

We’re also working on some new and exciting features where you can ask the NPC to do things such as go to places, pick up objects etc! Please stay tuned!

Hey so this is a pretty neat plugin, sadly, at least I can’t seem to make it work, it keeps saying this error in the console and the npc does nothing:

Any solution for this? I really want to test it out, besides that, it looks promising so far ngl, awesome job!

Edit: Ok im actually dumb and forgot you have to talk to the npc first LOL, it works as intended, cool job mate, if anything, I would say that you should look at that infite yield but for now it works great, the AI itself fails sometimes to get what the surroundings actually do, but i guess its common considering that GPT does that time to time so yeah, its pretty good for now

2 Likes

I’m glad to hear you find the plugin neat! As for the infinite yield issue, I’ll definitely fix it. Also, I appreciate your feedback on the AI’s understanding of surroundings – it’s an area we’re continually working to improve. Thanks for testing out the plugin and for your supportive words!

1 Like

Good job, I was trying to make something similar but that takes in-game screenshots and audio recordings then sending it combined with text to a chatbot API. Either way, great job! (I hope I can make my thing work later too :p)

Only minor thing is that I can see you’re using Microsoft Azure AI which if I remember correctly is paid. So eventually you’ll have to make it so that others have to put their own key in. (You’re endpoint link can also be abused by others via non-roblox products, etc…)

2 Likes

This is amazing.

Upon testing I got the following bugs:

-When multiple players are in the game and multiple NPC’s: Only the first player’s NPC talks, no matter who else is talking to their own chosen NPC. That first chosen NPC answers to everybody who chose to talk to an NPC. The other individual NPC’s will follow their own individual players, but only that first chosen NPC will talk, to everybody.

-When a player leaves the game, nobody else can choose to talk to the NPC they left behind. It’s just there standing around like a lost puppy. It’d be awesome if the NPC’s can wander around until chosen. Then when the player who chose them leaves the game, the NPC goes back to wandering around until chosen by another player.

-When the NPC is killed, the body stays there and all of the above still apply. That first chosen NPC’s severed head is the only thing still talking lol. Would be epic if it respawned back where it started, and went back to wandering around to be chosen and spoken to by another player again.

Either way, this is pretty amazing. Looking forward to seeing how this evolves.

2 Likes

this is very good, i hope you keep updating it, btw what do you want the credit to be given as? like “credits to (yourname) for character ai” ?

1 Like

it would be great to have a way of stopping npcs talking to you and stop following you, and it would be great to have different npcs with different characteristics

2 Likes