Dev Console Command Help

I keep getting an “attempt to index nil with ‘FindFirstChild’” when using a dev console command. I don’t know why this is occurring since this script I’m using worked a few hours ago and nobody has updated the game today so I don’t think the script would change or the values would be removed. Did roblox change something? Or what’s happening and how do I fix it?

Thanks!

2 Likes

Bear with me I have like little to any scripting knowledge so the solution could be really simple. Although the script should work as is I’m unsure why it randomly stopped because I’ve used it plenty of times in the past without any issue

Cause idk why Id get the nil error 'when all the values are accurate. The “Hazencrest” Value is the name of one of my accounts that I was using to run the script so the value shouldn’t cause any issues since its a valid member of workspace or something like that

Try using WaitForChild on User instead, it might not load when you run it

1 Like

I think you have to do workspace["username"]

1 Like

gave me this and script didn’t run but thanks for the help

Ah it worked. Thanks! Any idea why it’d randomly change to that though? It always used to be “Workspace.Live:WaitForChild(“Username”)” Why would it suddenly change

1 Like

not entirely sure actually, it could just be about it wanting a direct path but in my experience this is what I’ve had to resort to for a long time

These are 2 completely different paths, did you use it correctly? (wrong reply oops)

Also, one more thing since it relates to this. I’m trying to add another line to the script and I tried to reuse the text from a previous line and change a few values and tried if it’d work and it didn’t. How would I go about adding this to the current script.
The value I’m trying to add: ^
“User:FindFirstChild(“Actions”).LiquidClient.Value = false”
Error I got:

One of the working values I did that has the same parent: “User:FindFirstChild(“Actions”).Server.Delay.Value = 1”

d1a433c5-479f-4d0c-b919-a75b39613564

I think I know what U meant so I moved it and got this error

before I put the “WaitForChild” at “workspace.Live:FindFirstChild(“Hazencrest”)” as “workspace.Live:WaitForChild(“Hazencrest”)” and thats how I got the error to the first time I replied

No I meant you are trying to access the player’s character in workspace, but you are accessing “Live” instead and it doesn’t exist so it errors

1 Like

Ok wth this is so weird. it’s not working anymore and its back to what I originally had.
the error I got trying to use the solution again.

What I originally had that stopped working and now is working again:

why are there 2 different paths in those screenshots

The only difference between the 3 added lines but it doesn’t change the functionality of the script it just adds 1 extra thing and it still works as intended. The main part of the screenshots that matter is “local User = workspace[“Hazencrest”]” and “local User = workspace.Live:FindFirstChild(“Hazencrest”)”. It keeps swapping between the paths for some reason. Like the original one will work then the one you suggested works but the original one doesn’t, vice versa.

There could be some script or virus you don’t know that is causing this, have you made sure there’s nothing changing the paths of the characters?

can you show me a screenshot of the characters in workspace in both ways you’re describing it and any script that might shift the path of the character