I keep getting an “attempt to index nil with ‘FindFirstChild’” when using a dev console command. I don’t know why this is occurring since this script I’m using worked a few hours ago and nobody has updated the game today so I don’t think the script would change or the values would be removed. Did roblox change something? Or what’s happening and how do I fix it?
Bear with me I have like little to any scripting knowledge so the solution could be really simple. Although the script should work as is I’m unsure why it randomly stopped because I’ve used it plenty of times in the past without any issue
Cause idk why Id get the nil error 'when all the values are accurate. The “Hazencrest” Value is the name of one of my accounts that I was using to run the script so the value shouldn’t cause any issues since its a valid member of workspace or something like that
Also, one more thing since it relates to this. I’m trying to add another line to the script and I tried to reuse the text from a previous line and change a few values and tried if it’d work and it didn’t. How would I go about adding this to the current script.
The value I’m trying to add: ^
“User:FindFirstChild(“Actions”).LiquidClient.Value = false”
Error I got:
The only difference between the 3 added lines but it doesn’t change the functionality of the script it just adds 1 extra thing and it still works as intended. The main part of the screenshots that matter is “local User = workspace[“Hazencrest”]” and “local User = workspace.Live:FindFirstChild(“Hazencrest”)”. It keeps swapping between the paths for some reason. Like the original one will work then the one you suggested works but the original one doesn’t, vice versa.