Develop Tab Renamed to Create

It’s not like it was any different during the test mentioned in the OP, so yes the findings from the original data are still applicable and account for any confusion due to naming discrepancies.

1 Like

I don’t understand why there aren’t plans to make it more consistent, but hey, I don’t have to. If there is evidence that the inconsistency does not matter, then I can’t argue with that :+1:

I think it’s more about getting people to click the button than it is about the name of the page itself. People are so salty about something that seems so pointless, and at face value, renaming “Develop” to “Create” doesn’t seem to accomplish anything

But I think the primary reason for this change was to help new users understand where to go when they want to create their own games. The button’s name is the only thing that needs to be changed to accomplish this goal.

8 Likes

if you think of it from a younger perspective, create seems a lot less intimidating than develop, and kind of encourages the idea that you don’t have to be entirely professional.

1 Like

This has been happening since wayyy before the change. If you’re in chrome just switch to “request desktop site” in settings.

Please don’t change it from ‘Develop’. It makes it sound really childish. People like to make really big projects. Just look at “A Pirates Tale”. It’s FANTASTIC game. But if you say like, “I created A Pirates Tale” it sounds like a game that’s a little boring to play. But if you say something a little more like “I developed A Pirates Tale” it sounds more professional.

The pros and cons of this change are really about word choice.

If you want to open this up and make it sound less intimidating to kids change it to “Create”.

HOWEVER

If you want to keep it so that the current Developers have any form of professional words keep it as “Develop”.

In the long term it doesn’t matter. It’s a word. But if you wanted to compromise on the subject you could just do a simple fix like if the user is under 13 keep it as “Create” or if the user is over 13 change it to “Develop”.

TD;LR
If you say “I create things” it sounds more childish than “I develop things”.

5 Likes