Developer Awards! Phase 1: Swag Bags

$1000 while it does seem plausible, it will become close to impossible for Roblox to send gifts to all the developers. You’ve got to remember there are thousands of developers (it wouldn’t be too far fetched to say there are at least 800K of them) and it’s going to be very difficult for Roblox to send rewards to the thousands of developers that are able to make $1000.

1 Like

I was pretty hyped until I saw 40 million robux. I haven’t made a robuk my entire life from a game I have made. I like the idea, but at first it sound like you want to reward people for developing, but the 40 mil makes it seem like you want to reward people who have made you money. :confused:

1 Like

Not really. Their developers get paid USD, only the owners would get it

1 Like

I’m a contributor (translator), will I be eligible to get the award if someone picks me as a developer of choice?

3 Likes

I think if someone’s earning 140K a year, they can just pay for the licensing fees to stick the Roblox logo on a bag themselves.

5 Likes

They also offer Robux equivalent, so they could actually get it if they opted for that option.

3 Likes

@Missimo93 If this is lifetime Robux, why is 2020 not included in the summation?

Many developers had achieved 40M and further success in 2020. Assuming the bags are to be delivered in January of 2021, would it not make sense to also include this year?

If not, would developers who achieved the goal in 2020 have to wait another year?

4 Likes

I feel this topic was misunderstood. What they are giving you is the money, and these awards are a way to show that you’ve done it. I agree that 40M Robux is extremely high and if they really want to make this an actual award, it should be lowered dramatically. We’ll have to wait for more updates, if anything ever changes.

1 Like

Hmm… 140k usd seems a lot to get a few rewards. Can’t it be based of Visits and average amount of players per day and a dislike ratio? Like maybe 500k visits and a average of 1k players per day with a 75 or 80% average like to dislike ratio. So not only the most successful devs can get some.

3 Likes

I’m sorry but 40M+ (140k USD) is ridiculously high for a t-shirt, socks and some other small items. Not even your average developer make around that. What about some other alternatives?

Because it seems as if only the top games devs would be able to get such thing.

The quote being “only the rich get richer” isn’t right whatsoever and seems disrespectful towards the developer community.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t say it’s near impossible. I’d say it’s very possible. But, either way, it shouldn’t be 140K USD for a few socks.

1 Like

Developers should be rewarded by their talent and dedication. Though if they were to be dedicated and very talented. They need to make 40 million robux off a game. That is not quite what I hoped for when you said you would reward talented develops. So this is more off of who can make the most money on a game. Then get rewarded for it.

1 Like

The token that they were giving was for dedicated and very well talented developers. Though INSTEAD, they decided to give it to people who made over 40 million robux developing. So instead of looking into peoples talent, they would rather say thank you for making 40 million robux; backpack and socks here you go.

1 Like

This would’ve been cool if you didn’t need a fortune to obtain it.

3 Likes

ok now I think this is amazing, but there is a few issues I noticed, so first off is the goal to get it, why would small devs want to keep making games when the goal is almost impossible for them, and the second issue is what would Roblox do for the developers that choose not to monetize their games, would they give some reward or just not do anything because a lot of developers won’t be able to reach that goal.

1 Like

Why wouldn’t they be?
If you earn the robux from it it counts.

1 Like

I don’t think visits should be the goal, because those can be botted.
Maybe Roblox should award devs who make a big community impact, like @M_caw said, like getting popular on social media, participating in events.
Hey! That’s a good one! Maybe Roblox should give these to Devs who manage to get their game on an event!

This wouldn’t be fair to devs who have games that are blowing up but don’t have in-game purchases too.

1 Like

cause it says the games have to follow TOS and with the biggest anime game on roblox being taken down you never know

1 Like

Really? Socks? Just some lame old bag? (No offense, props to anyone who designed those merch, it looks good)

ROBLOX, I understand you’re trying to balance out youtuber-developer relations, but this has done very little to balance it out. Perhaps have a different reward, such as developer perks or some kind of virtual trophy (or physical one)

And also, in my opinion, I don’t think people would like to be wearing merchandise that has a children’s lego game printed on it.

3 Likes

Just make an anime game that doesn’t break TOS. Copying ideas and making an anime game are two different things.

1 Like