Developer Awards! Phase 1: Swag Bags

I honestly think these rewards should be based on other milestones and not money (some popular games don’t make that much money, btw). Anyways, here’s a possible list:

• Game QUALITY (games submitted would be checked out or something idk) some people work really hard on their games and make stunning gameplay and builds, but never really make it out there due to lack of advertisement (funding) or some other reason
  • Likes/user engagement
  • Visits
  • Favorites
  • Group members
    I believe that it’s a little unfair that Roblox YouTubers are getting endorsement, promotion, access to ugc, etc whilst developers are getting a backpack and some socks. I’m not saying it’s a bad idea or that Roblox YouTubers don’t deserve it, I’m just saying maybe for an award like this the requirements should be much more reasonable.

Suggestion:
Roblox funding/helping out small games (games would be submitted, quality checked, etc). Idk, that might be kind of cool.

5 Likes

the other rewards will be based off different stuff

2 Likes

Half true. Developers are the reason roblox makes real money. If the totes being sent are less than the threshold, they still profit.

2 Likes

good luck to all in getting the rewards…

3 Likes

True, but for a couple of socks and a backpack fourty million robux is a huge requirement.

2 Likes

Okay, hold on. Will someone explain to me how 40 million robux is a reasonable goal to get some socks??? I understand this is a gift, but it would make more sense to give these out from 500k to 1 million in my opinion. This doesn’t really make very much sense. Does only robux earned from games count, or robux earned all together? I also don’t understand why we are being judged for eligibility based on just money. Is that all that Roblox cares about? all your other stats could be very low, but as long as Roblox is making money, then it’s all good? That’s all I really wanted to say. I just hope the next stuff to come out will be better.

3 Likes

Actually that is a really good idea, their game would probably get front paged.

3 Likes

I like this Developer Awards. Phase 1 is a little expensive but the items are sick. 40 Million Robux would be worth it if you added a lot more stuff. Overall, its pretty good and cool.

2/22/22 “Phase 2”
The Crowns of O’s and the other rewards are okay. I don’t think they are really look good on a normal avatar but its just a item to showoff that you got that much visits. Not bad, but isnt too worth it.

[Unknown Date, “Phase 3”]
??

2 Likes

Time to make 140,000 usd to get me some ROBLOX socks.

4 Likes

10k robux isn’t very much. 50k is still high but you can still easily get it if you work for it. Sounds more fair, to be honest.

2 Likes

I am a bit confused, does every developer qualify to receive these items, or only a select few? Also, has this started already, or is going to start once phase 3 is reached?

2 Likes

Any developer who meets the requirements.

1 Like

yes because i am out here casually making $140k usd every two years, ahaha

ok not joking i’ve made nowhere near that. i have two fairly popular games. even with my two popular games, surprisingly, i havent made fourty million robux! i have made ~130k. in the past few months. bruh

can us smaller creators actually get this? if roblox was trying to inspire us, they did the opposite to me. i dont feel inspired knowing that im trying my best and only making hundreds of thousands while a few people are out there making 40m+! when i first heard this, i got very excited. now, im hugely let down.

if roblox expects us to make 40m+ robux in the last two years, then they are literally asking us to make cash grab games that are absoluetely pay to win. that is literally what they are asking.

i guess i will need to monetize every single aspect of my game now and make my game obnoxiously pay to win if i want to get these! ahaha roblox you did the right thing!

3 Likes

What exactly are the requirements?

1 Like

40 million robux lol, because that is reasonable!

3 Likes

It’s on the post. I believe somewhere near the image.

2 Likes

So if my games reach an amassed sum of 40 million robux I will qualify for these rewards?

pretty cool that we’re basically gauging success on how many microtransactions you can fool 5 year olds into falling for rather than how good your game actually is

5 Likes

Thank you so much! I don’t know how I missed that part!

1 Like

Yeah, 40 million robux is super hard to earn as many of us have stated.