Developer Awards! Phase 1: Swag Bags

That is very strange. As far as I am aware by now you should’ve received an email. How long has it been since you’ve been eligible for this?

1 Like

Been a fair amount of time.

I don’t mind this that much, it’s more of the fact that this is something that I supposedly should’ve already gotten but haven’t, but then other people are still getting it, that bothers me a bit.

4 Likes

That’s understandable. After a quick search on the DevForum I haven’t found anything saying that it has been cancelled. I hope you do end up getting the reward I have played your games (Glacier, Site - 006 etc.), and they are very intriguing, but again I hope you do end up receiving the rewards! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well, they do give us the tools to make games. Id say its kinda fair :confused:

well at least oyu get something
but i feel like it should be judged by how many players play monthly

and if your going to give something it would be better for a display item something i can hang on my wall of something
otherwise its fine And im not mad at youtubers whatsoever

The fact that you need 40M Robux to get a piece of cloth is disgusting
Wow I just realized that you need 1.5 MILLION DOLLARS in order to get a bag

It’s about the visits not some stupid money. Roblox is worth over 1B dollars and they want more.

What about us small developers? Why can’t we have something? :mad:

I highly doubt this.

The other phases have already been revealed and they do not have anything to do with robux. They are about how many people play your game and how much time people spend in your game. They have this bag to award the developers who have made a good game. They can’t just give them away to everyone. They want to show who is really the best of the developers. They do have the virtual golden crown of o’s that would be easier for small developers to earn, but they want you to really work hard to get this.

1 Like

I guess that’s fair. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

No duh. If they didn’t earn anymore money, their 1 billion dollars will dry up real quick.

• Entitlement
  • You get the crown of O’s
5 Likes

Another wave, more disappointment.

My game (hosted in a group) qualifies for the swag bags since 8 months ago, and my profile since 7.

Last wave, I emailed Roblox about the lack of a survey being sent to me (meaning I was not apart of the wave), and was told I’d be in the next one.

Now, people are getting their swag bags and here I am, still nothing. I know of more people with the same issue, and this does not motivate me with Roblox.

I feel developer awards are a good idea in theory, but considering how they’re being put in practice at the moment, they have the opposite effect of the one they sought to bring.

5 Likes

I have a question: why do you even care about them? I would never be want seeing wearing these, and the only thing that would be cool are the bloxy cola and the tix robux socks. Still, you can probably find it anywhere for like 5 dollars. Not really a token of appreciation lol.

1 Like

I care because when a program such as this is announced, and you meet the requirements, you expect to receive it, specially when a lot of people you know are getting it and you aren’t.

As I have stated in previous posts, I don’t care as much about the content, I care about the fact this was meant to be Roblox recognizing your efforts and giving you a reward for them. The more time that passes with this being ignored the more it feels like Roblox does not care for its developers at all.

You don’t need to care about it, and that’s fine. But this is the sort of thing that makes you reconsider the platform you are in.

4 Likes

I completely agree, it doesn’t matter what it is you are getting, it doesn’t matter how valuable it is, the point is that Roblox said they were going to do something and have clearly failed to commit. I’d be pretty disappointed as well if my game did well enough to receive an award, a game that Roblox takes the majority of revenue from, and they just didn’t bother giving it to me.

1 Like

You’re right, I haven’t thought about it the way. After all, how does Roblox not pay attention to even its most influential developers? Seems pretty selfish and lazy to me.

2 Likes

So are these being given out now…?
I’ve surpassed 40M lifetime Robux from an experience but I haven’t received an email about it.

3 Likes

If these are being sent out I feel like I should’ve received one…
I’ve also surpassed 40M lifetime robux from one experience and I’ve heard nothing…

3 Likes

Same situation, I’m trying to contact them to see what people in our situation can do…

Funny thing is, they did send out a second batch to a lot of first-wave owners. This was by accident, though.

1 Like

Hey, so I just got my swag bag. I have a question but I’m going to spoiler tag it in case other people want their’s kept as a surprise:

I received 10 scratch off tokens with redeemable codes. I scratched off two and redeemed the same item twice (even though it shows just a single time in my inventory)

My questions:

• Are each of the codes for the same item?
  • Is there any way to “unredeem” one of the codes I got? Because I wasted one of these tokens figuring that it’d be for different items.
1 Like

Woah, impactful statement! I really couldn’t agree more!