Developer Console gets stuck to mouse

So, every time I open up the developer console now and drag it, the frame gets stuck to my mouse and follows it.

How I’m doing it: I open up the developer console, and I enabled shift lock. It then get stuck and follows my mouse in game, OR in studio.

Gif:
https://gyazo.com/e8603a8a1221e80231e79486727f5f56

7 Likes

This happens to me as well, but I don’t have shift lock enabled, it just seems whenever I drag the console in game it glues to the cursor.

2 Likes

Can confirm, I can’t move the Developer Console icon over without it being stuck to my mouse, completely messing up my organization.

2 Likes

This has been an ongoing bug since around the beginning of this year, pretty frustrating.

It’s extremely difficult working with the console’s resize and drag features, both of which are critical when performing certain tasks in-game.

You could close it via F9 but unless you click immediately afterwards the console is still binded to your mouse movement and will appear where you last clicked when you re-enable the console, otherwise it’s just going to continue following your mouse.

3 Likes

This is so annoying.
this is the most annoying bug I have ever encountered
its not even severe or anything so roblox will take their sweet time to fix it
like im tryna debug some stuff in my game and i move the console to press a button and then it just glues the console to my cursor
LIKE GET OFF MY DAMN CURSOR IM TRYNA DO SOMETHING

This issue has been filed already, please see the centralized bug thread here: Developer console click and drag broken

3 Likes