Developer Exchange Program Minimum Requirements Changes

Roblox has grown a lot since 2017, financially speaking. As such, it only makes sense that the developer’s cut of the money grows as well. After all, us developers are the people who create the games and are the people who made Roblox popular in the first place. When will the Devex rates properly reflect what we have done for the platform? This update is helpful, but it isn’t what we wanted. Please stop ignoring us, Roblox.

22 Likes

it’s 30,000 robux = 105 US dollars

8 Likes

Good change, but when will we see the amount of cash go up?

11 Likes

sweet! lower monetized games will hopefully be more common now instead of p2w.

3 Likes

Tbh, I thought that 50k was a good threshold. All the effort of presenting legal documents doesn’t seem worth it for a mere $105 USD.

15 Likes

SLA stands for Service Level Agreement, which is a document that outlines the agreement between two parties on how a service or product will be delivered. In the case of DevEx, the SLA is a document that outlines the expectations and guarantees regarding the speed and quality of the cash out process.

9 Likes

This is gonna be helpful for small developers who just about meet this threshold.

5 Likes

As much as I appreciate this change, I would’ve personally enjoyed it more if the DevEx rate exchange was increased rather than the same old “1 Robux to $0.0035 USD” currency

This just feels like the price was lowered only because the majority of the community asked for lower DevEx prices (Which I’m not complaining don’t get me wrong), but it would be more better if the conversion was changed

If there was an improvement to the rate, then it’ll definitely make DevEx feel more better & worthwhile in the first place

17 Likes

This seems fair, I can’t lie. Atleast it’s not something like 10,000.

4 Likes

This is a great change for all small developers. Hoping to see devex rates being raised!

8 Likes

Awesome! This will definitely benefit smaller creators on the platform.

For those curious, the payout minimum has now decreased from $175 USD to $105 USD.

9 Likes

What’s wrong with allowing devex at lower robux requirements?

10 Likes

Since this update, it makes the devex rates seem worse, you can cash out £85 from 30k robux, but can’t even get 10k robux back…

Currently, 1 Robux would be around $0.0035, which is very little

7 Likes

1 Robux would be around $0.0035

4 Likes

The DevEx rates did not change.

:slightly_smiling_face:

21 Likes

I love seeing the limits lowered for newer creators, but I would much rather see an increase in the already rather low rates.

6 Likes

I just hope this doesn’t increase processing times since there will be even more people cashing out now

11 Likes

I didn’t say it changed? haha
I was just saying it was quite low for the amount devs do :person_shrugging: :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This is definitely an amazing step in the direction to help out smaller developers. I hope Roblox Keeps making good changes like this.

10/10

3 Likes

Big issue is that DevEx requests are manually reviewed, meaning it would clog the requests causing an unnecessary wait time. Main worry is that if requests take too long to be approved, there’s a chance that developers who rely on DevEx as a main source of income could get screwed over (not being able to pay rent, bills, etc.)

20 Likes