Developer Forum Read Only Mode for 24hrs (May 9, 2018)

Hello Developers,

We’re excited to announce an upcoming change to the Developer Forum. The forum is moving to our own hosted servers, this change will provide us with further control over up time, updates, and allow us to retroactively fix forum related issues on the back end.

To ensure that no data is lost, we are required to change the Developer Forum into read-only mode for 24 hours. The Developer Forum will be read-only on May 9, 2018 at 6 pm PST until May 10, 2018 while we migrate the forum to our own server.

If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to send us a tweet @robloxdevrel and the team will check it out.

Thanks,
Developer Relations Team

61 Likes

good to know that devforums weren’t and currently aren’t hosted on ROBLOX servers

12 Likes

they were being hosted by discourse, i was honestly surprised they kept it like that for so long.

11 Likes

Sounds good!

2 Likes

I shall now have nightmares of wiki-like connection issues to the forums.

On a sidenote, will this affect my ability to browse the DevForums using the Discourse app?

11 Likes

Hopefully this will allow for future additional features added to the devforums.

3 Likes

Will you be able to monitor everything we post? (private messages)

Devforum mobile app please!

7 Likes

Pretty sure they wouldn’t actively monitor DMs unless flagged, just like DMs work on the site.

1 Like

Probably shouldn’t be sending anything like credit cards and/or personal information and/or anything private on the DevForum private message system.

3 Likes

Well that sounds fun

What will we do with our non-existent lives during those 24 hours?

5 Likes

yas progress!

We’ll all play “Has science gone too far?”

1 Like

Sounds good to me.

Neato cheeto, bean burrito.

1 Like

[This post is in Read Only mode, enable editing to continue]

6 Likes

i would hope you wouldn’t be sending credit cards over any PMs

Hopefully this doesnt end like the normal roblox forusm… :eyes:

3 Likes

Will images on the discourse CDN still be available to be referenced after the migration?

4 Likes

Develop!