Developer Hub Mobile Application

As a Roblox developer, it is quite irritating to have to go on google to find the dev hub on mobile regularly, I’m mostly a PC user obviously but sometimes if I’m like out and about and if I wanted to learn something off from the developer hub then it would be really cool if mobile users had a application that they could download in order for them to access it easier.

For example, the developer forum has a application on mobile:

20200503_215618

So if the developer forum has an application for mobile devices then why not the developer hub? It would be much easier and better if there was a mobile application for the developer hub too!

Let me know what you guys think below!

16 Likes

Looks like the three people above are misreading this (edit: posts have been removed by authors), OP is asking for an app for the Developer Hub (developer.roblox.com), similar to how the Discourse app lets them have a Developer Forum app on their device.

4 Likes

Yeah, this would be awesome!

The main perk I see with is that we wouldn’t have to see the browser URL bar every time we scroll up. Max screen space for the DevHub!

In the meantime while we wait for this, you can go to Chrome and add the DevHub site to your home screen:

4 Likes

Please read the title/post/category before responding! This is not about the Developer Forum, he’s giving that as example.

5 Likes

Does the DevHub have PWA support? That’d be a good starting point at least; and would allow many OSes to add the hub as an app.

2 Likes

They just need to add a manifest to the site so that it can open as a standalone window, rather than opening Chrome

This seems like a decent app for Android users in the meantime:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sim.anker

2 Likes

Well, because the developer forum has a mobile application, I always thought why not the developer hub too. It would also be much easier to view as well. I don’t think it will take them a lot of time just to make one, I mean the developer forum application is a APK so.

To those who doesn’t understand what I’m trying to say, all I’m trying to say is:

On mobile it would be much easier and less irritating to have an application of the developer hub like the developer forum does. The reason for this is so it would be much faster to access and maybe someday as well that we could download a topic and save it to our mobile devices incase people don’t have internet and are bored.

This topic also relates to this if you quite not understand yet:

@Iucag @vastqud @Operatik

I hope it does, it would be very cool if the developer hub has PWA support as it means that it can work on other devices.

Thanks for that! Yeah, in the meantime I will continue to do that until a developer hub mobile application is available!

1 Like

Would love to see this happen. I could scroll through the forums anywhere I was without having to use the janky mobile site! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I brought this up with the team, and given the healthy amount of mobile traffic the developer hub gets, we’re looking into this! :grin:

A native mobile app isn’t likely given the development time that might require; however, much in the way the devforum works (the PWA manifest), I think there’s a good possibility there. I’ll update this thread when there’s more to update on this.

If anyone has any pain points with using the developer hub on mobile (phone, tablet or otherwise), I encourage you to make another thread in this topic describing it.

2 Likes