Discourse Mobile App

Hey everyone,

We all know how tedious it can be trying to access the Developer Forum from a mobile device.

Discourse understood our pain and created a mobile app that’s easy to connect your account to. There’s both an iOS and an Android version. Once downloaded, you can add “devforum.roblox.com” to your sites and then connect your account by signing into Roblox.

Not only does this mean the Developer Forum will be optimized for your device but you can also get push notifications when someone sends you a message, replies to a message/thread, and much more!

If you’re like us and love the Developer Forum so much, this is the perfect app for you!

All our best,
Developer Relations Team

27 Likes

For anyone wondering, you literally just search “Discourse” in the App Store.

6 Likes

It’s been pretty user friendly on my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, thanks for an official way though.

1 Like

Is there a way to make it run without the browser? Otherwise it seems kinda weird since it’s just an extra app running chrome again…

4 Likes

This is a good thing for mobile users! Thanks!

Not entirely sure. It’s pretty helpful if you were interested in getting push notifications and wanted a centralised place for the DevForum on your phone.

Its worth noting this app is nothing more than a bookmarks manager for discord sites (im okay with that but some aren’t). You can accomplish the same thing as this app by pinning the devforum webpage to your devices home screen, the only thing you may miss are push notifications.

2 Likes

Even when I got a reply from you it still felt kinda useless since clicking the notification opens the app, not the response you gave me :persevere:

If they hid chrome skin and fixed this issue I could see myself using it.

2 Likes

Oh boy, I’ve been waiting for this.

I always have to login to Roblox (w/ verification code, so I also have to go to my E-Mail) to access the DevForum on mobile. It’s also going to be pretty sweet to have push notifications for DevForum related things.

1 Like

Adding to home from chrome hides the navbar, it basically treats the website as the app

Yeah, I see what you mean about it taking you to the app and not the thread itself. That’d be a nice addition to the app. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Tbh I prefer running it through the web on my mobile devices. I’m used to it and it looks nice in my opinion. I overly don’t need push notifications anyway. But it’d be nice if there was a dedicated roblox Devforum app. This is alright but not for me

2 Likes

To both @Quentisaurus and @ScriptOn there are definitely some improvements that Discourse could make but I think it serves a very good purpose. Been using it for a few days now and getting the push notifications directly on my phone allows me to respond almost instantly to people and stay up to date with the latest ‘stuff’. They also need to add a dark mode :smirk:

2 Likes

Good point! The main reason I brought up the app to some of the staff team is because of the push notifications. I find them very useful and I’m sure some others will too!

1 Like

A dedicated DevForum mobile app would be really cool.

1 Like

Deffinitely! Thats the selling point for me as well. You can, however, do push notifications on web pages through the notifications api https://developers.google.com/web/fundamentals/push-notifications/
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/Notifications_API

1 Like

this is something to suggest to discourse itself, im just popping the info here for those interested

1 Like

It’s actually been out for a while. I found out about it the other day only when I went on the Discourse website to just fool around and saw that there was a mobile app. Brought it to the attention of some staff shortly after :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s a good idea, but I don’t think it’s executed too well right now (as I’m taking a first look at it).

1 Like

Yeah there are definitely some changes that could be made but I really like the fact that I can get push notifications from it. Especially as a “basic user” I want to try and respond to anything as quickly as possible to ‘prove’ myself and the push notifications definitely help with that!