Developer Hub not appearing in Google search results [Fixed]

When searching “Roblox Developer Hub” on Google, no results appear linking to the hub. If one searches for “Roblox Developer Hub site:developer.roblox.com”, only 59 results appear (far fewer pages than exist on the hub).

This occurs every time, on multiple devices (including a mobile phone), on multiple browsers, but does not replicate in Bing.

This could potentially be linked to the issues brought up in this post concerning the search functions within the hub itself.

Edit: As far as I can tell, this issue has been resolved.

3 Likes

This is most likely an issue with Google’s indexing bots (aka ‘web spiders’), or search algorithm so I don’t know for sure if this is the correct place to ask.

Unless the Devhub has a issue with its robots.txt file causing this partial indexing.

2 Likes

I’m not sure it is the robots.txt file.
I gave it a quick readover and it looked fine, however I am not very informed in this subject, someone with experience please confirm or deny this :slightly_smiling_face:

We shipped a patch last night that should fix this issue, but it may take time to kick in. There was an issue where ‘en-us’ pages were being ignored by our search provider.

Thank you for your patience!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.