Developer Product Purchase Failed

I tested out the code with my older developer products and it works, but the new developer products that I made today does not work.
I used the code from roblox’s tutorial and it works (for the older developer products that I made 2 years ago), but it doesn’t work for the ones I made today. How do I fix this error? Is it because Roblox need to moderate my product first? The name of the new product I made includes the Dollar sign (full name is +$100,000 Patron Bonus Capacity) is the dollar sign moderated?

I see this error a lot. How did you get the product id? Ik that this seems like a dumb question, but how did you get the id, and where did you get it? Please be specific

I got the Id by copying it from this button
Edit: I just realized that when the button copied it it is different from the id at the bottom

try getting it in studio like in this picture

OH I SEE THE PROBLEM, when I copied using that button
it gave me the wrong id, but in studio it gave me the correct id. The correct id is the one that starts with 13, as in the screenshot. But when I clicked copy asset ID, it’s different. I guess I got product ID mixed with asset id :smiley:

2 Likes

Yup. If you want to know why here is why:

It’s just a bit of miscommunication with newer developers and the dash board. That Id is the Asset Id. It Has other Values as a Asset. However, the Asset and Product Id are 2 different Ids to represent 2 different Uses. One to Use for the Prompt & the marketplace, Another for the Asset it self (Like if I want to load the gamepass Image, info ect.) Why not have only 1 Id to do these actions? Idk!

2 Likes

Thanks for the explanation :slight_smile: have a great day!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.