Developer Products cannot be put on-sale using the website

So I spent the last 2 hours or so trying to figure out why some of my new Developer Products were listed as “off-sale” whenever I went to test the prompt purchases. I figured out it had something to do with the website failing to change the IsForSale bool:

Changing the information of a Developer Product on the website actuallys changes the data (name, description, price) but it will not put a product on-sale if it wasn’t already:

Fortunately, there is the monetization tab in the “game settings” studio that does work and all I had to do was set the prices again and boom, the products were on-sale! I’m guessing this is the cause of a discrepancy between how products are handled on the website and the new settings menu (since you cannot take a product off-sale in the settings menu):

8 Likes

I’m having this exact same problem, your solution did work to fix it. It would be nice if Roblox looked into this.

2 Likes

Hello! Can you please try re-creating the affected Dev Products now?

2 Likes

Sorry for the delayed response,

This issue still seems to be in the same state as when I reported it. I changed a dev product to be “off-sale” on the website then changed the price of that same dev product immediately after. Attempting to PromptProductPurchase it, it still said “This product is not for sale…”. Changing the price in the studio monetization game settings page fixed it as reported above.

1 Like

I had the exact same issue, but I followed your footsteps and went into studio, changed the price and it worked! Thank you so much!

2 Likes

Just ran into this issue and spent about an hour trying to diagnose what was wrong. Changing the price, either in studio or on the website, did not fix our dev products. We had to completely recreate the products in studio, and now the game has dev products listed that seem normal, but can never be used.

1 Like

As for this issue you are likely coming across a seperate known issue in where if a DevProduct is created on the website and you forget to set the price field, the DevProduct becomes corrupted and unusable.