Developer products not working

I might be stupid but I can’t see what is wrong here. The prompt purchase shows however it says either ‘this item is not for sale’ or it asks the user to buy some other random clothing or something. I am using the developer product ID’s roblox is giving me. Maybe the code is wrong or it is a bug?

game.ReplicatedStorage.Remotes.PromptPurchase.OnServerEvent:Connect(function(player, id)
	MarketplaceService:PromptPurchase(player, id)
end)

The ID you’re passing through to the server is probably wrong. Make sure that it’s the correct one and if anything you should be handling the ID on the server.

1 Like

The ID’s are correct. The game is part of a group if it makes a difference. May I ask why the ID’s should be kept on the server. Are they meant to be kept secret?

Have you tested in a live server?

1 Like

Yes thanks i have tried it. I think it is a bug does anyone know how developers can get support?

game.ReplicatedStorage.Remotes.PromptPurchase.OnServerEvent:Connect(function(player, id)
	MarketplaceService:PromptPurchase(player.UserId, id)
end)

This is what i did for one of mine and it worked, Also it needs to be on the client im pretty sure

1 Like

I tried it on the client and server both don’t work thanks.

Did you use ?
local MarketplaceService = game:GetService("MarketplaceService")

1 Like

Yes, I did, i have to fill 30 words here

Hmm how about sending the entire code ?
Maybe the event is not firing.

Does it give errors in the output ?

1 Like

I dont think thats the problem since it does prompt purchase but it just says the item is not for sale or does something else. Thanks for trying tho

Hmm try searching for Item is not for sale here
I am pretty sure one of them have the answers

but assuming correctly its better to check both the ids and that developer products.

You do the Developer Products | Roblox Creator Documentation sales on the Server Script so they can’t be misused by the Client.

1 Like

Sorry guys for wasting your time. Realised it should be promptproductpurchase instead of promptpurchase. Thanks to everyone who tried to help and here is the solution to anyone else who has made this mistake.

I also want to add something

• PromtPurchase() => Used for Shirts,Clothes,Pants

• PromtProductPurchase() => Used for Devloper Products

• PromptGamePassPurchase() => Used for Gamepasses

• PromptPremiumPurchase() => Used for Premium Purchase

3 Likes