"Developer" Title Has Unintended Resizing

Reproduction Steps:

• Go to any topic like this one.

• Scroll down. The button should look like this:

• To notice the bug, click the button to navigate to the home page. The Developer logo is now resized and looks like this:

This happens in all themes.

Expected Behavior:

I expect the Developer logo to remain the same size after clicking the button, and for it to have a consistent position.

Actual Behavior:

The Developer logo will resize and move unexpectedly, preventing navigation from looking seamless.

Date first experienced: Years ago

5 Likes

I think it is supposed to do that because they want to make it more moticealble.

I wouldn’t think so. Scroll up and down repeatedly on this topic, and you can also see it switch back and forth in positions and sizes.

1 Like

I can confirm, it makes me go crazy, it’s just bugging me now that I see it, hope it gets fixed

2 Likes

I can’t help but feel like this is a very niche issue that in the grand scheme of things, is not worth addressing nor fixing.

At the end of the day, it’s a button, and you know it’s located within it’s general spot. I’ve personally never had an issue with it, and just noticed it now, when you mentioned this occurred years ago.

Roblox is probably better off looking at other issues that matter more; It’s not like the button isn’t functional, and while it is off putting for it to see it change size, albeit not very smoothly, I don’t think it really needs a post. They’ll get to it eventually.

Though if it were me I’d add a tween to size it down instead of snapping it just like the text.

EDIT 1: It should also be mentioned that if it were bigger by default, the developer text would feel out of place, and if it were smaller, it wouldn’t fit the bounds of the tags and the title. Although they could just resize it, again it’s trivial and not a crucial fix.

1 Like

I’d bet it’s simple to fix though. The button is merely an image, and they can just edit it. The problem with the “scrolled down” logo is that it is too large and appears slightly aliased.

Additonally, I didn’t mention this to make it more clear, but you can also

by one notch from the very top of the page.

EDIT:

It should be mentioned that I’m referring to the Roblox Developer logo, not the “Developer” text.

I don’t think I would have replied without testing it; I knew to scroll up and down on the page.

Also, the smaller logo also is slightly unaliased, so I’m not sure how that makes the bigger logo inconsistent.

Due to the nature of it being a simple fix, it’s likely not a pressing issue for them. (that can be backed by the fact it hasn’t be changed in literal years)

As I stated, changing the way this button performs wouldn’t be as necessary as a few issues that occurred on the forum a bit ago, and were fixed with maintenance updates (unable to name those, but I do know Roblox fixed a few issues like the like buttons and the editing not working correctly)

Pretty sure there are plugins out there that allow you to modify pages. If you don’t like the way it works, you could probably reprogram the bar and the icon to fit your needs. (a plugin like TamperMonkey works just fine)

1 Like

They almost never answer Messages, except one that a few days ago Messaged me to tell me to edit one of my posts because it was flagged and also they should look here sometimes

Here is a video of it, if anyone is unsure what OP means in the original post:

3 Likes