Developing a similar game to other games

Hi Everyone! So I am developing a game and see many games like the one I’m developing. I’m not trying to copy other games but trying to get inspiration from them. Should I stop developing the game or should I keep working on the game?

4 Likes

If you basically COPY it, then it wouldn’t be the great, but if you copied it, but did major changes, i think it would be fine.Take Super Doomspire for example.

2 Likes

Pretend to be a new Roblox player. If they play your game and then the other game similar to yours, will they see it as a copy? If so, don’t abandon your project but change it up a little.

Or honestly just keep developing because there’s been multiple remakes of games and unless it’s completely stolen I see no problem with it.

Hopefully this helped. :smile:

2 Likes

It’s fine to get inspiration from it. Just don’t copy assets or looks too much. Build off that inspiration to create a great new game.

Like others have mentioned, as long as it is not a complete copy of the games you have seen, you should be fine. Good luck on the project!

1 Like

If you take inspiration from them It’s fine, just don’t completely take things from the other games you saw.

Okay. I see what your saying and I completely understand this. You can always use a inspiration but try to be creative from your heart. Something that would set you apart from everyone else. For instance, Tower Of Hell and Treacherous Tower are the exact same game. The majority of the players (young children) really just don’t take consideration of who develops what. As long as they have something to play, they’re fine. Tower Of Hell definitely does not like that someone made a exact copy and is trying to get Treacherous Tower removed from Roblox due to copyright reasons. This could maybe be you if you did indeed made a copy. It really depends on the game you are wanting to create. I truly hope this helps and I wish you the best of luck! :))