Development Support > Studio/Client Support

Just wanted to ask if it was possible to get a new category created under #development-support for both the Roblox Client and Studio support.

In this category, it would be used for asking for support related directly to the Client/Studio related items -like how do I use the debugger? how do I open render stats? I’d like to post a topic that relates to Studio and this category I’ve suggested would the most “ideal” place to ask if it were to exist. A category designed to ask for help/support directly related to Studio/Client, it’s features, shortcuts and options.

3 Likes

I feel like this category would not be used that often because it comes to a dead end pretty quickly; there’s not that many things people have questions about regarding studio/client. Maybe questions like these would belong in #lounge:roblox-discussion or #development-discussion.

Edit: Also possible to request better documentation on the devhub via #platform-feedback:documentation-requests so that questions like these don’t arise.

The only down side to #lounge:roblox-discussion is hidden for new members (I cannot see that category or lounge) and #development-discussion can only be read by new members.

It’s not more so a documentation request but the thread in question I’d like to create relates more on the features, options and short-cuts of Studio for myself. Even if it was a “pretty dead” category after say about 20 threads it would be easier for other members to find solutions to their problems or help they need from the already listed threads. A quick forum search for “Enabling CSG live view” as example would bring up a result for a thread showing someone having the issue - and the answer.

1 Like
  1. Help and Feedback > Studio Support
  2. Help and Feedback > Engine Support
    + 3. Help and Feedback > Website Support

1. Basically it is difficult to ask any questions regarding a feature of studio itself. For instance if I wanted to ask “how do I change a keybind for X” there is no proper place to ask that.
  2. If I want to ask a question regarding the engine itself, e.g https://devforum.roblox.com/t/639915 I can’t. Or asking why/how something is implemented a certain way. No proper place for that either.
  3. Same as above really. A place to ask about the website.
2 Likes