Development Team - Looking for Low Poly Builder [CLOSED]

Not sure if you’re interested. Still looking for a builder.

Still looking for low-poly builders. Reply, DM or disc me @ Sanjay#2382 if you meet the requirements. Would love to meet you!

I would, i actually would. i used to work for free not so long ago for two potential dev teams and my works are of quality as i have many skills, sadly i live in a third world country and nowadays i work for USD, you should reconcider that as Percent revenue its just a dream at the moment of making a dev team.

It can come true but might not as well.

I guess it’s better and safer to use % revenue over perhaps, promising to pay a certain amount and end up w/ nothing in return. This way, atleast, you know the risks involved and that everyone doesn’t expect to get some absurd amount made from a loose promise.

Yeah that way works over the time, in the future i guess.

The decision was made to raise the percentage from 25% to 40%. Still looking for low-poly builders. Reply, DM or disc me @ Sanjay#2382 if you meet the requirements. Would love to meet you!

So people are expected to work for the 40% game revenue. Which is alot, but what shows that this project will be successful. I am missing some things that can persuade people to join.

Things like: Is there any fallback funds if the project was to fail, have you got any experience in running a successful project (the only thing im seeing is a discontinued one which doesn’t give people alot of trust), what is the way you are going to be managing this project to let it become something that people will actually play.

Most experienced modelers will require up front payment for the assets, due to the changes of the project failing. So like someone stated in the replies before, you won’t get alot of super experienced people aboard due to it being a huge gamble for most people.

You’re right. I could be promising funds that they could receive but in reality won’t. Most people do that and I severely dislike promising things that could or couldn’t happen. Percentage if you think about it is as “salary-like” as you can get on this platform. If you commission per asset or per map, you risk not having as much dedication to the project as you would with someone who accepts percentage.

The game, at this moment, is not trying to exceed in advertising this early nor do we want to predicate on monetization. The primary goal is to create an MVP and create a genuinely fun, addictive product. There’s no plans at the moment to spam ads or to base this game purely on making money.The three people working on this(including myself) will be in college in Fall 2019 or is attending and are passionate at what we do. This is purely for enjoyment and passing the summer by with a product that can help all of us learn more about game development. Two of us are experienced and the other joined to learn from us.

Games are like startups. You can’t promising things you can’t keep or you’ll have people wanting things that ultimately you can’t deliver and it’s sad to think that there’s people out there who don’t understand this; to respond about possible success is rather unwarranted due to the fact that it’s too early to tell if something will be popular. I can’t predict the future outcomes and the age requirement was set for people to acknowledge what they’re getting into. This could be a total flop but the possible learning experiences out-way it.

Hope this answers your questions. : )

Hey I messaged you! This seems pretty cool! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes this answered my questions. However I do not agree on the “predicting future outcomes”. A very important part of game development is the research you put in it beforehand, due to me having studied game art/design I know the importance of this (I do not blame your or anyone else it just gets overlooked often). Luckily for Roblox you have the basic target audience already so that makes things alot easier.

I asked this question because if you want dedicated 3D artists (modelers), you should show them why your project is worth joining. One of the ways to win over people is to show how you researched your particular idea/market. Just like in a resume you would make for a company, or like sharktank.

1 Like

That extremely helpful and I appreciate you doing that. Much thanks!

No problem just trying to help you out fetching people.

Ironically, it seems to have worked. : )

I think you should stay with this post to look for hiring people.

Going on peoples portfolios while you have an active recruitment post just isn’t right.
If he was interested I’m sure he would have contacted you about the job opportunity.

Didn’t meant to reply to @Killergerwinos99 above.

1 Like

Definitely correct. However, some posts don’t gain enough traction for it to be independent.

Then contact him directly and privately.

Will do when I another opportunity comes up. I’m not familiar with the standards of the devforum since I’m hardly on here. Definitely my fault. Much appreciate.

the remaining 10 % will be going to ads, but what if your game is finally released and is already ample ad-funded, will the payment change? Im pretty sure the 10% will be temporary and wonder how the over all payment distribution would differ, like the team coders getting extra percentage like 30%

sorry i’m curious and bored, good luck with your game :smiley:

Haven’t discussed it yet w/ the team. It’ll probably stay how it is.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.