DevEx Application Rejected (Unclear Reasoning), Tickets Seemingly Ignored

IF ACCEPTED LATER, I WILL FOLLOW UP ON THIS, UNLIKE OTHERS I’VE SEEN WITH THIS SAME ISSUE

This is the game I released…

At the beginning of this year, I released a game that earned a substantial amount of robux (I won’t say exactly how much due to the terms of use) and reached 233.4K+ players. I believe that I have the right to say this, though… I spent over USD 2000 on ads and paid my development team for various assets like music, 3D models, sound design, builds, etc. However, I had a lot going on in my personal life, so I had to pause the game’s development for a few months, which caused the player count to drop significantly, as I could no longer afford ads. Dispite this, I still have an active fanbase in the thousands waiting for a re-release of the game, which I started working on a few months ago. I’m the sole coder and built around 90% of this game, so after I came back, my team got back together aswell.

Unfortunately, I got this message when I applied for DevEx to cash out (Money that would eventually be funneled back into the game and used for paying devs/sponsoring).

“Your Developer Exchange request was unable to be processed for the following reason: Unable to Review Game Associated to Earnings. We were unable to confirm the eligibility of your game because we weren’t able to review the games(s) associated to your earnings.”

I am unaware of why it may have received this rejection. This is the only game my group owns that could have made any profit, and I followed the Roblox TOS to a tee.

I didn’t panic when I got rejected and put in a ticket. “Please wait 2-5 business days for a response.” I waited five days, then six days, then seven days… You get the point. It’s been about 11 days now, and I get the mods may be overwhelmed with other tickets, but I have seen people complaining about their tickets being ignored for over a month without follow-up (a bad sign). I’ve seen other developers with the same issue speculating. “Roblox strategically ignores devex requests if your game isn’t actively profiting,” so now I’m beginning to worry.

Does anyone have any information about why my game was rejected initially? Additionally, can someone tell me if it is expected to wait this long before getting a ticket response?

73 Likes

I was one of the devs who he paid to work on this project. I made various builds and was rewarded handsomely. I have seen other game developers experience this issue, almost like they’re being tricked into spending money on their game’s ads, resources, etc and then never getting a DevEx payout.

8 Likes

This really sucks, Roblox cannot be ignoring the people who make up their company! Without these developers, Roblox cannot grow and ignoring them just makes it worse. I am very disappointed, it would be so hard to be a dev while going through this.

3 Likes

UPDATE!

I was finally invited to the portal.

I had to spend a lot of time going back and forth with ticket administrators about this issue. Overall, it took 16 days for anyone to respond at all and 23 days to get accepted into the portal. It’s a long time to wait when you need the money ASAP, but I eventually got in. IMO, this process could have been better because I was really suffering for a few days there, but overall, I’m grateful.

All that aside, I would like to take a moment to applaud the admins for taking my request seriously. I have not been fully accepted and haven’t cashed out yet, but being invited to the portal at least means my request was taken seriously. If you have the time to wait, your request will likely be accepted. If I don’t follow up further on this, expect the best.

Hopefully, this post will be helpful to you if you’re a dev going through the same stress I did.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.