DevEx Eligibility Check feature

True, but it’d be cool if they made it more of an actual feature rather than a side effect.

I don’t see how that makes any functional difference though. If they made it a button and then it said “you are ready to cash out!” if you meet those three requirements, it could give the illusion that you’ve already went through the check even though the manual check is much more thorough.

Then don’t slap that text on the button haha. I am talking about a notification, not a button though. They already have a “Cash out” button.

More like: I MAY or MAY NOT have done bad things in the past and now make robux in an honorable and devexable way and want to see if I’m eligible to devex with consideration of my past moderation history or will I have to go around it anyways and lose 30% of the newly EARNED robux by transferring it to an account and then devexing on that account.

Pick your salt, but this thread was originally created to acknowledge the inability to check if you are 100% able to devex BEFORE you buy OBC to actually do it.
If I bought OBC specifically to devex on an account and couldn’t devex, I would consider that a low-level scam of my money because I wasn’t properly informed as to whether or not I could actually use the services provided to OBC users.

This is NOT about getting around anything. You can get around it either way, this is about confirming I can use the services provided to me for what I am paying (regardless of the amount)

4 Likes

This is a really weird and self-entitled way to put it. They can deny anyone’s DevEx request, it’s a privilege not a right. The fact that you need OBC to send a cash out request does not make it a right of OBC to be able to cash out. See legal statements.

Don’t do this, your other account won’t be able to DevEx if you transfer your money from an ineligible account.

They make no guarantee that all users will be allowed to cash out with DevEx, this is from the DevEx terms of service:

[quote]In order to participate in DevEx, you agree that ROBLOX:

• reserves the right to deny the service to any participant for any reason.[/quote]

If I recall correctly, you don’t even have to be a developer to cash out… I know people who have cashed out from limiteds alone. Am I wrong?

You can cash out if you earned all of your money fairly according to the rules (if they don’t deny you for any other reason because they always can, but unlikely), developer is just a buzz word.

Lets just change up the scenario a bit.

“I may have been in prison in the past for crimes, but lately I have been earning money in a legit job, but it isn’t enough as they pay me in goods. I could sell those goods to someone else but I would lose 30% of the value.
So I tried applying for job working with children, I bought a suit and had to pay travel expenses yet they rejected me for this job because of my criminal record, I shouldn’t have been given the interview before buying the suit and travelling there.”

You wouldn’t consider the scenario with this job a scam so why is your situation any different?

2 Likes

That’s a very bad example because you traditionally get notified of whether or not you get an interview before you go to the interview. I’ve never come across a single company that’s said “Come out here and maybe you’ll get an interview”. If a company told me to come in for an interview and then when I got there told me “Oops, sorry. We never planned on giving you an interview”, I’d definitely think they were assholes.

Everyone who’s saying “You’ll be fine if you never did anything wrong!” is also looking at it as if it’s black & white. What’s considered “wrong”? I was good friends with the leader of one of my groups, tricked and “stole” the group as a joke, and then immediately gave it back to him (this was around 2010 probably), and we laughed it off. Would ROBLOX see it that way though? Is what I did considered bad by ROBLOX even though there were no hard feelings between the two of us? I logged into his account and transferred ownership of the group to my account. Does that count as scamming even though I near-immediately gave it back and never had any intention of harming him or his account? Am I or am I not eligible for DevEx for that stupid little prank I pulled back when I was 14?

1 Like

I think you may have misinterpreted what I was attempting to convey.
I was trying to say that they were annoyed that they didn’t get a job, but had to go to an interview but were rejected on the grounds of previous convictions.

1 Like

In that case, yes, I can relate.

The “you’ll be fine if you didn’t do anything wrong” is still really subjective though (this isn’t in reply to you specifically).