DevEx Eligibility Check feature

The ability to check if your account is ultimately eligible for DevEx BEFORE releasing a game (the main consideration being moderation history) on a specific account would help us place better options for hosting for our places if one of our accounts simply isn’t cut out to host a well worked on game.

16 Likes

I love this idea, it should be just a button on the devex page, saying “click here to see if you are eligable to devex” and it would output green “your eligable” or red “your not eligable”

Allowing anyone to request an eligibility check at any time would create tons of unnecessary work for the account reviewers and slow DevEx payments to a crawl.

Surely you know how you’ve made your Robux and if you’ve ever had any instances of scamming/false advertising in the past. If you’ve ever had those things in your moderation history, it’s probably best to create a new account. If they’re just non-scamming infractions, they’ll be more forgivable.

7 Likes

They wouldn’t make it available for everyone to access only those than meet the requirements that don’t have to be manually checked, OBC membership, 100k Robux and being 13+.

At that point, they might as well just try to DevEx

5 Likes

If you’re not eligible you get the R$ back anyway, so if you already meet the other requirements just go ahead.

It’s impossible for them to tell you beforehand whether you’re eligible or not, you just have to try and see. It would be weird if you could hold your eligibility status of a few months back against them in case they deny you, because many things could have happened during that time.

2 Likes

They should just have something like:

• If you have less than 100k R$ (the minimum iirc) or aren’t 13+, return false.
  • If you have already been blocked because illegal stuff or stuff, return false.
  • If you requested this less than a week ago, return an error about doing it too fast.
    (Of course, when you actually DevEx, manual check, even if it happened the day before)
  • If you reach this point, then it might become a manual thing, return manual response.

I’m thinking about doing DevEx, but it would be a waste to buy OBC and then hear “Oh you can’t DevEx”.

If you guys haven’t scammed anyone, haven’t participated in RWT, and haven’t had any clickbait games on the front page or whatever, why are you so afraid of not being eligible for it?

1 Like

Semi off-topic but i wanted to make sure i’m not mistaken. You don’t need to be a developer to DevEx, right? All my money comes from group funds and a little bit from limiteds.

1 Like

Developer is a very broad term, any creator should be able to devex.

1 Like

Yay!

1 Like

Any money that was generated through legitimate means is available to DevEx. EG Trading, selling clothing, making games or even a bunch of promotion links.

2 Likes

It’s not only how it was generated. If your money is generated, in its entirety, legitimately, you can still fail to meet DevEx eligibility for scamming/real-world trades/etc in the past.

1 Like

I am aware, even being the middle-man in RWT will cause you to become ineligible for DevEx, but @maplestick’s question was about having to be a developer to use DevEx…

1 Like

I’ve never been banned, never uploaded an already existing piece of clothing and never made any deals related to real money.

I did recieve one warning for cussing and one warning for posting an off-site link at the forums. After recieving those i haven’t done it ever again.

2 Likes

I got 99% of my robux from exploiting. (reward money for reporting)
While it should be devex-able, I have no idea.

This thread:

“I did bad things, how can I get around the punishment?”

2 Likes

I’ve done worse and can devex on a regular basis, you’ll be fine

At that point it’s automatic, instant. Testing actual DevEx takes a long time because of the manual labour, there is no manual labour for all the points I suggested…

1 Like

But the points you suggested are already in place, you can’t even see the cash-out button if you don’t have OBC, or if you’re not a 13+ account, or if you have less than 100K R$.