DevEx rejected for commission?

Ive been doing comissions for scripting and building games for well known developers, however I have been getting paid in the form of T-shirts and gamepass sales since the developerm does not own a group.

Ever since I’ve been getting paid in this form, I have had 3 Devex rejections and no replies back from the Devex team about my issues. I have been able to devex before so and havent been in any trouble so I do not know if it is just the method of payment that is causing the issue. I have had a reply from the devex team once and was simply given an automated answer:

I have tried numerous times to devex to no avail. I have not been given a proper reason to as what is the issue, since all of my robux came from assets that i’ve sold.

Is there any other way I can get in contact with the devex team or have you been rejected by devex for this type of payment? I am very worried if im ever going to be able to devex because roblox may just reject me by looking at my previous devex attempts in the future and i’m behind on bills.

8 Likes

Robux earned from commissions may not be subject to devex. Only robux earned from game or clothing sales and premium payouts is eligible, and you can’t really tell where commissioned robux comes from. It could be from purchases, game sales, premium payouts, or it could even be bad robux from scams.

Even if you earn it from a commission, the robux is traced back past your commission.

5 Likes

So does that mean if i make games for someone on a group I cant devex from the revenue that game makes because I dont own the game? Also, where can I find the part where it says that because im curious and frustrated.

I don’t think you can dev ex commissions because how is Roblox supposed to know that they came from commissions and you didn’t buy/sell robux with real money?

1 Like

what about devexing through group payout if ive made a game with somebody?

And how is roblox supposed to know I contributed to a game and received my robux through group payouts?

1 Like

Have you told Roblox Support about this, because they don’t know the exact reason behind these transactions, it is from a far point of view the same as buying robux and passing it along through two users. Usually for DevEx they track down where the robux came from through a game that you are directly owner of. I would say best to contact Roblox support and see what they can do from there.

2 Likes

Could some of the Robux you tried Devexing be from Limited sales/trading? I noticed you have the CS face, which isn’t exactly cheap. (You can’t Devex Robux from limited sales.)

3 Likes

Nope, haven’t bought or sold a limited since last year.

So that means I can’t be paid if I’m not the direct owner of a game? I’ve been paid before for making a game on a group and being paid in group payouts.

No, you definitely should be able to cashout from groups. Look at badimo or Dreamcraft

2 Likes

This may mean that the developers who have paid you used Robux earned from limited item sales. It’s a common tactic to get value out of robux you can’t cash out.

If they paid you through group payouts then it would be safe, however, if they buy via t-shirt (yours) then there is a chance the robux was from limiteds.

1 Like

Well they trace down the developers who made the game, it is usually clear by the credits given in the front page as well as the part where you explain what you did for the game and how you contributed to its success as part of the DevEx application. The advice I give is solely due to my own experience with DevEx working with a partner- we would tell DevEx readers that we were co-owners and it would be on the game- they see the credit, they give the cash. That easy, at least for me.

It doesn’t matters if they use limited’s revenue to buy their shirt or to invest them into their group. That’s not an issue. What rogchamp said is that if you sold any limiteds, you can’t use that money to devex.

Also, replying to OP: I also make commissions and sent my DevEx request some weeks ago. I don’t think there is any issue unless, as rogchamp said, you have some money of limiteds that YOU sold.

Almost any :robux: is devexable, do not trust the misinformation some people are spreading here. Read the FAQs and try to contact the DevEx suppport (they gave you a contact email when they accepted you)

3 Likes

During the DevEx process, Roblox will check the source of the Robux. If majority of it is dirty or from limiteds they’d deny your request. Realistically, most of the Robux a virtual creator receives sources from different individuals and if there are really small amounts they won’t care that much.

Dirty Robux is also not DevEx able and is the main reason they have put group payout restrictions and have restricted certain groups from paying anyone Robux (the Robux is most likely dirty).

I’m just mentioning it’s not false information, it should be rather clear that dirty Robux can not be DevEx’d.

The op mentioned they haven’t sold limited over a year which is true, using this site you can check the player’s history;

You can see a big drop in rap value and I’d assume that’s when she sold her limiteds. That being said, if the Robux was spent then it refers back to my original point. However, if it still is in your account then it may be the reason why the op can’t devex.

1 Like

I don’t think you understood correctly what I said.

If your commissioner paid you (it doesn’t matters if it is group funds or t-shirt) with the revenue of a limited, it can still be devexed correctly, since YOU didn not sell the limited.

If YOU sell a limited, you can’t devex that money EVER.

This is true tho, if it came from dirty sources it will be rejected.

I think that since the op is trying to DevEx all of their Robux and haven’t spent what he got from their last sell, resulting in their DevEx reqest being rejected

Actually you can use the robux that you got from selling a limited into cashing out money through DevEx. The thing is you can only not use PROFIT gained by selling the limited, but you can cash out up to how much DevExable robux you spent on the item. This is well known. Also, if you do this and are not given credit or have payout from a game it is extremely hard to let Roblox know that this money was earned through being part of a game team.

That would be correct if we still were in 2017, when the TOS of DevEx got updated. If you read the FAQs you will see that you can’t use your profit from limiteds, not even 1 robux. If you 100k devexed :robux: contained even 1 limited profit, it will probably be rejected.

Developer Exchange Terms of Use – Roblox Support

1 Like

I see! Interesting how they changed that. Well, there’s your answer.

none of the robux were limiteds. I cashed out 200k. I earned 60k in group payout, 70k in t-shirt, and 90k in gamepass sales. the limiteds dont count and i spent my limited money a year ago on sponsoring my games. i was able to devex after that but for some reason recently i was denied.