Devex traded robux

I didn’t know what category to put this in

Hi! So, recently I got paid for a commission through a gamepass I made. It turns out, the person who paid me had gotten that money through trading. I want to know, am I still allowed to devex that money or not? I know that you can’t devEx money if you traded it, but if someone gave you their traded money through a gamepass, am I still allowed to devEx it? I’m sure developers who earn robux from their game must’ve had some user who paid for a gamepass using traded money, so how does roblox tell which money is safe to devEx or not? Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

Yeah, I’m pretty sure it’s safe. I think in devEx the only thing that matters is how the owner of the item gets the robux, so meaning that if I traded robux with someone and bought a gamepass in your game, I’m pretty sure roblox only cares about how you the owner actually got the robux and only checks if it was in a gamepass. I’m not too sure about this but this is what I think of it from my perspective.

2 Likes

Thanks! This seems reasonable enough, but I don’t want to get banned if it turns out that it’s not allowed so I really wanted some proof or written text by ROBLOX to ensure that it’s safe. Also, there have been some people who got their accounts banned and/or suspended for little to no reason as they might not have known what a rule was. Thanks for the reply!