Devforum Account Deletion / Purge

As a developer who doesn’t want posts to be visible on the forum anymore, it’s currently impossible to purge posts and messages without getting sent to a 23 hour wait after deleting a few, it would help greatly if if it was possible to delete all posts, or just the separated profile all together that was created for the forum.

1 Like

Given the collaborative and problem-solving nature of the forum, I can’t imagine how this would be beneficial. You and other people may have the solution to problems that people have.

This is not helpful at all, it’s best how it is kept currently.

I don’t think they’re legally allowed to deny you such a feature if they have such access points like EU, I haven’t solved anything and don’t feel the need to, even then, there’s many other people who have probably answered the same question someone may be looking for, and that’s not my job to deal with and the way you put it makes it feel like everyone has to have an obligation to help others, which isn’t true at all.

2 Likes

Nothing I said was meant to be near helpful, it’s a feature people may want to remove themselves from this specific website, I know a few people who would enjoy the ability to purge themselves because of their behavior when they were younger, which may compromise themselves to privacy invasion.

Even if the entire ability to remove yourself isn’t a feature (which probably isn’t legal at all), it still should be allowed to infinitely remove posts without delay.

1 Like

Making a new account does exist. It is also worht noting that topics that you helped in are useful for the future developers.

1 Like

I would rather the information, posts, anything associated with my Roblox account and it’s messages on this site be removed, there is an obvious limitation to deletion and it needs to be uncapped, or there needs to be a removal button, people can disassociate with the devforum but it’s borderline impossible to hide large amount of messages.

1 Like

The limit is obviously for a really good reason that being people mass deleting useful posts. Or people just saying down right bad things then deleting them like nothing happened.

I think if you ask the mods here they can potentially process a GDPR request, but I get worried that might only apply if you also delete your whole account…

1 Like

We don’t support this use case because your posts become part of a discussion after you post them, and removing posts might mess up the flow of discussion or remove valuable resources.

It is not recommended to heavily edit or delete posts for this reason, and the delete feature that is there should not be used to remove posts en-masse over longer periods of time. Please use this sparingly and help preserve the community discussion.

If you would like to anonymize your posting content and other Roblox activity, you can request your Roblox account to be forgotten entirely via customer support in certain regions. We don’t offer partial forum-only anonymization.

6 Likes

Ugh, not anymore you mean? I guess I’m lucky I deleted my main forum account back in 2020 or so, once it was clear Post Approval was never coming back. Crazy to think it’s been four years.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.