DevForum's server response time is slow

Probably would of been 6am your time, I believe I notified you.

11am BST (UTC+1) if anyones interested.

1 Like

I’ve been experiencing slow loading times since the new studio logo came into effect

Now it takes around 10 seconds to load on fast internet (200 mb download and 20 mb upload) and 1 minute on slow internet when before this change, it was instant on fast internet and a few seconds on slow internet

1 Like

This is still a major issue for me.
While DevForum pinging is 20 ms or so, loading any topic, any actual content takes a lot longer.

It isn’t as bad as it was in March, but it’s still not good, I think most people can agree that the forum could get some speed improvements.

Also, maybe this is just me? I’m not sure, since I haven’t seen anybody else complain, and to be fair I do live in Brazil, and I don’t expect there to be servers here, but hm… Pinging gets me 20 ms, so that doesn’t sound right.

https://gtmetrix.com/reports/devforum.roblox.com/NJGzEkMN/

Usually just loading the home page takes 4 seconds :/

1 Like

Signing in will take longer anyway since the server need to get a token etc.

Comparing the DevForum to the home page of Roblox is probably not the best comparison since both sites likely use different frameworks. On top of that, the Roblox site was likely optimised for loading faster since it’s visited a lot more the the DevForum. Also, just so you know, testing the Roblox sign up page is going to yeild fast results because it hasn’t much content on it.

2 Likes

Initial page load aside, are you seeing significant slowdown when clicking around the site? Can you enumerate which features/endpoints you see as being too slow?

The initial page load will be slow because Discourse is a full PWA, but we can definitely speed that part up further.

We have some improvements planned for improving general availability and site performance later this year as well.

1 Like