[DevLog #1] Medieval Life: Kalinka Barfight (Feedback Needed)

Hi ^ _ ^

I am working on a medieval themed game, where players will be doing very different objectives, competing with each other and ranking up through medieval hierarchy.

There are already 20+ games ranging from obbies and parkours, to Hide and Seek, Visihibali, Steal the Gold and brawls.

One of the competitions is a bar brawl with destructible environment. How fun will it be to run around the place trying to not get knocked, breaking stuff, while the bard enthusiastically plays Kalinka in the corner.

The bar is a free model from Toolbox (It will be replaced on game release). Everything else, including scripts and animations are done completely by me.

Does this look fun?

• It looks incredibly fun!
  • Yeah, I guess, whatever…
  • It can be improved, I’ll write suggestions.
  • It can be improved, I will not write suggestions.
  • Not at all.

0 voters

Should Kalinka stay, or be replaced by different music?

• It should definitely stay!
  • Nah, it should be replaced.

0 voters

Honest feedback and suggestions are very much welcome, all good suggestions will definitely be worked on and implemented into the game.

If you liked this, make sure to add the game to your favorites (The game is private now, you can’t play it, but by adding to favorites, you will get notified on game’s release).
Medieval Life - Roblox

There is also follow future on devforum. There will be many DevLogs posted about this game throughout the month, you can follow to not miss them too :smiley:

We also have a discord server for the game, where you will be able to report bugs and make further suggestions.
Our Server

4 Likes

ok one thing is that add some more musicians and fix the combat system its too choppy and unrealistic. to make the music realistic I say use Playbackloudness to adjust the speed of the animation every time.

1 Like

The goal of the game is more being fun than being realistic. As for the combat, I am going to make so that Idle animation doesnt override movement, so that character doesnt look like a wood when walking :smiley: For the bard animation again, Im not aiming for that kind of realism.
Takeaway from your feedback: Combat animations will be improved. Thank you ^ _ ^

1 Like