Devlog #1 | Reign

— ⇻ INTRODUCTION ⇺ —

Welcome to reign’s devlog.

Reign is a fighting game with a permadeath mechanic in which you seek out people that can teach you extraordinary abilities and try to best the unforgiving environment.

The game is still not that grounded which means combat mechanics may be changed and things like that. I have quite an ambitious plan for the game like making enemy AIs, having a brewing system and other stuff. But, to prevent me from getting burnt out of the game, I’m just avoiding those things and just focus on other much more important stuff.

— ⇻ CONTENT ⇺ —

With all of that said, let’s talk about where the game is currently at.

[ Combat Mechanics ]

Critical

Blocking an attack right after you are about to get hit will make the attacker take 200% more damage from any M1 for a duration.

Uppercut & Down Slam

Holding space at the end of your M1 combo will make you do an uppercut.

Jumping at the end of your M1 combo will make you do a down slam.

[ Classes ]

There are 2 current available classes so far.

Sword: Sun Bearer

Sunblade: Engulf your weapon in flames.

Sunblade

Star Shatter: Manifest a small star in your hands that explodes your surroundings.

Star Shatter

Starfall: Call down on stars from above.

(file was too large to be a gif :joy: )
Starfall Gif

Sunlight Flux: Blast forth intense heat.

Sunlight Flux

Bow: Frost Archer

Ice Volley: Fire frozen arrows in a cone.

Ice Volley Gif

Archer’s Focus: Empower your m1s, dealing multi-hit damage for a duration.

Archer's Focus Gif

Hawkshot: Fire a homing bird-shaped projectile that rapidly damage the area on contact.

Hawkshot Gif

Frost Strike: Fire a quick and heavy frozen arrow in a straight line.

Frost Strike Gif

[ Interface ]

Consists of health (:red_square:) and mana (:blue_square:) bar. The things at the top of the health bar is the critical (•) and dash (→) cooldown.

— ⇻ END ⇺ —

Aaaand I think that’s about all of the things worth mentioning, if I somehow missed anything I’ll mention it on the next log. Anyways, I would like to thank you for reading to the end of this devlog and hope that you show support for the game.

6 Likes