[DEVLOG] Insert Wars Ultimate, a functional and fun game with a Python framework.

Hello!

My name is @thebigreeman, and for those who know me, I am known for my INSANE HTTP projects on ROBLOX from creating robotic sentry guns with an arduino microcontroller and letting people on ROBLOX control it, to full body tracking with Google’s mediapipe module fully replicated to ROBLOX.

Moving on…

Anyways, my massive game Insert Wars Ultimate - Roblox has recently finally reached a BETA stage where it should be stable enough to fully handle a playerbase. There are still minor bugs that may need fixing such as the inability to change pages in the main localscript of the Insert Tool.

The main part of the game which is the Insert Tool is powered entirely on HTTPservice, it is connected to my personal webserver in my own home, running a Python script that modulates .RBXM binary into a readable JSON file, which can then be sent back to ROBLOX to be turned into a physical model.

This entire framework lets us insert models completely disconnected from InsertService, removing all limitations and letting us insert free models again.

What is Insert Wars?

Insert Wars was an old genre that was popular around 2010 to 2013. Around 2010, ROBLOX had introduced an official gear nicknamed the “Insert Tool” Insert Tool | Roblox Wiki | Fandom which allowed players to insert ANY asset they wanted into a running game, just like the toolbox in studio.

People used to have HUGE fights with these tools where they would insert cool gears or even scripts to fight each other.

Sadly, the tool was heavily neglected in favour of a newer mechanic that would also become one of ROBLOX’s most beloved removed tools:

Because of all this neglect to the Insert Tool, it was lacking neccessary updates and practically falling apart, the community went to fix it themselves but suddenly ROBLOX then killed it off in 2014, when they introduced new limitations to InsertService that would make it so only ROBLOX and owner models could be inserted in a running game.

This was all done to stop innapropriate and virus models from being inserted.

Back to the present…

My game includes many mechanics to prevent this from ever happening:

1: Sandboxing system, it prevent’s scripts with code that could be a threat to the game from ever running.

2: /clean mechanic, it is one of the most strongest game cleaning mechanics I have ever made, it even deletes inserted object’s that have parented themselves in nil and practically restores the game back to its original state.

3: Secure script ecosystem, all main scripts such as the server handler or the insert request handler is inside a folder nicknamed the “Secure Ecosystem” because no script or asset could ever touch or find it as it is parented in nil.

4: Smart TPS, it automatically fixes TPS problems in a situation where the TPS drops heavily due to a virus or bad model.

Cool things you should know:

1: Badges, they cant be obtained with a script due to the sandboxer so you actually have to earn it :slight_smile:

2: Community Servers, pay a one time price and get a cool community server with an admin panel that is absolutely HUGE! [UNFINISHED]

3: Union Solver, the game has a system that allows you to insert UNIONS!, this works off BasePart:UnionAsync() [V1 STATE]

4: VR support, have you ever thought what it would be like to lucid dream with your eyes open? Try it out in VR! You also get a cool badge! [YET TO BE RELEASED, PROTECTION FEATURES NEED TO BE ADDED]

5: Official group and Discord! Insert Wars Ultimate The Insert Wars Club - Roblox

And even more which im too lazy to explain!

Important things you should know:

Practically nothing will work with the Webserver offline, check in the bottom left corner of your screen for the status. [Mostly online on the weekends, subject to change to 24/7.]

I do not control anything that happens in game, if something manages to slip through my protection system, thats not 100% my fault and will happen eventually and require a security patch.

DEVLOG:

Starting from here, I will write new and exciting things that ive done!

2 Likes