Devlog on 'Haus'

I saw someone recording their progress with their game in this category and I wanted to also… I hope this is alright!

I’ve been working on this house (Supposed to be my dream house) since January of 2023, and I’m still working on it. Right now, I’m working mostly on the office and bedroom accessories. Here’s what I’ve done this week and what I’m still doing!

10 Likes

Here’s a bee light that I made from my bedroom! I’d say it’s entirely accurate :doh:

Bee Photos

Bee, Side/Front Bee, Overhead

A PC I’m working on for my office. Trying to make it as accurate as possible (I use a laptop in real life)

Photo of PC

Photo of PC

Here’s the desk that I’m working on! I’m more working on things that’ll go on top but you get the point…

Desk Photos

Closed desk Front of desk

Here is my workspace on the game, I use this area to make new furniture and things. I use the rig/dummy for size reference. I also measure the area I want to fill with a part and use that when I’m making the furniture. The white parts under the desk are an example of that, the height and width have to be within those to fit in the office. The floating pieces are to get good lighting on builds, too.

Examples and workspace

Workspace Desk width ref. Desk depth ref.

Working more on the PC, and about to finish the nightstand. 2023-07-10T20:46:00Z

You can see the overall house, including layout and overhead photos, here: Talent Hub

6 Likes

I redid the PS4, and I’m making DVDs for my DVD collection in the bedroom! I might honestly move them into the living room since that how I am in real life. Here’s the PS4 and DVDs! I did model the PS4 after my real life one, tried to be 100% accurate.

Photos

PS4 Scooby Doo DVDs

For the DVDs, I have to make a custom side part where it says the name. I’m going to have them stick out of a box so they name their names. I might also just stack these three on top of eachother and put them on a shelf of the Dresser/Entertainment center.

On second thought, I’m most definitely going to move the PS4 and movies to the living room. That’ll take time since I have to make the entertainment center to fit in the living room. I’ll update back when I’ve got that done and placed. It shouldn’t take too long.

2023-07-13T21:35:00Z

1 Like

Entertainment Console
Colorful colors to show where everything is! I get lost in the grey if everything’s that color. Don’t worry, it gets changed! 2023-07-13T22:30:00Z

2 Likes

DVDs entirely finished! Got all the decals and thanks to WickdSuper, the names on the sides of the DVDs fit :doh: Here’re some photos:

Photos

image image

Edit: The DVDs might honestly be scrapped. I felt so low since I got 2 warnings on them and had to reactivate my account twice. I contemplated quitting being a dev altogether if I’m being honest. The DVDs will not have the backs. I kept getting warnings for leading off-platform. Giving up on that part. Will continue the entertainment center. 2023-07-14T21:48:00Z

1 Like

Quite a break from creating-- hahahaha…

Here’s the completed TV console, only took around 30 minutes to do details and coloring.

Entertainment Center

I’m excited to have it, I think it looks great and I went for a 70s-ish vibe on the doors.

Here’s an art piece of mine hung above the dresser in the bedroom.

Art Piece

Here’s a TV, along with the entertainment center in it’s place!

TV

image image

Also a mud dauber almost got in my back door! Yikes! 2023-07-21T00:41:00Z

Custom keyboard!

Photos of it

image image

Key setup (except for the top row) inspired by my own keyboard! The dials on the top are for brightness and volume! 2023-07-21T01:38:00Z

NO, these DVDs are epic, just too close to someone else’s IP. You want to cameo things you love into the game, but do it really low-key if possible, that’s avoiding legal problems while also paying your respects to the source material all the same. How creative you can get in this process, will shine bright in my opinion.

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply! The main trouble was that I didn’t even think about offsite links that could’ve been on the dvds. I referenced them off my in-person ones to make sure I got the right photos, failing to realize that 2 of the 3 had huge links in the middle of them.

Now I’m very aware of not having links showing, or blurring them out; the fronts had no problem which I was honestly kind of surprised about.

Again, thanks for your comment— I didn’t think that anybody would honestly care about the devlog. I’m glad to see some support on this, though I don’t know what this game’ll end up becoming. I planned on it just being a showcase but since I’ve put excess time into it, I want it to have more purpose than just looking pretty.

Some of this reply isn’t directly relating to your message and related more to the overall log— I’m going to try to learn some scripting things to really amp up this showcase for not just building skills but multi-faceted. I don’t just wanna be a one-trick pony, lol. Unrelated to anything but: I look at other showcases and things where other builders use blender and feel out of place, ‘Am I meant to be able to use blender too?’ Sort of thing. I’ve had blender installed since around late 2021 and tried to learn it, but things are just so hard to understand and not even my blender experienced friend knows what I’m trying to do… Very tough.

I’m going to be working on ‘Haus’ again tomorrow, and will probably be working on drawing pngs for the game. They’ll be for the monitors, TV, and then working more in the office. I don’t actually have the desk situated in the office yet so I need to do that. Then I’ll probably be practicing more on blender to make clothing mesh for the closets. Then, the other details that I’ve published on Roblox. So many future plans! Can’t wait, but I can at the same time.

Very exciting times! I’ve also got into writing a story, it’s meant to be a traditional 80-90s slasher flick but in book form. Maybe I’ll take inspiration from misery… Is that allowed to be mentioned? Heavy themes, heavy themes… Sorry! Also, the time is not because I woke up early, I haven’t gone to bed. Sorry to the game for that, too. I’ll sent an alarm for noon and have it play loudly. 2023-07-21T11:02:00Z

2 Likes

Lots of time between… Even with this draft from last month. Sorry everyone!

I have school starting back up in 5 days, so I’ll most likely be creating way less (as if I wasn’t doing that already)

1 Like

LETS GO I KNEW YOU DIDNT QUIT

dpifnoidnssssssv

1 Like

I didn’t think anybody was interested in this :sweat_smile:

I’ll be sure to give more updates, then. I honestly forgot about the dev forum for a minute there!

I’ve almost entirely been playing instead of creating. So many good games on the market!

1 Like

Sorry to anybody that was interested in this build, it’s been 4 months.

I’m going to try to get back on it during winter break from school.

2023-12-12T00:48:00Z

I’ve just been playing games & not creating/editing any, but I’m enjoying it. I’ll post a photo of my house on Bloxburg for an idea of what this build should generally look like when done.

1 Like

Bruh do you know how LONG I’ve been waiting for a DEVLOG, please come back!