DevRel Virtual Prize Series

Where are the requirements? How does one “participate” in the event?

5 Likes

This is my first time hearing about these events. I don’t really understand but these look very cool. Looking forward to it!

Edit: I think I understand it more now, I don’t think these should be given out to absolutely everyone who participates. I know it would be difficult to tell people actually trying to make something and people who are doing it for the event but there has to be a better system.

3 Likes

I skimmed over this the first time and I just came back to really read it.
Having more participating items is really neat for each time you join in on an activity, I love the items.

1 Like

Honestly not very happy with this as the items are meant to be exclusive for winners/top developers in the specific event.
Take the crown of knowledge as an example, only a handful of developers have it but it shows their hard work and originality and their struggle which got them their prize.

This current procedure will load even the developers who aren’t doing their best, with all developer items they dont deserve.

I hope DET thinks of a better way as this was real bad news :confused:

3 Likes

If Roblox do not have a tiered prize system for participation as-well, nobody who feels as if they can’t win will participate. In most cases, there will likely be only one winner of each event, this makes your likelyhood of winning incredibly low, I don’t know about you, but I’d rather get something for my efforts rather than nothing at all.

Some of those who did not win also put in their hard work and originality, which did not get them any prize at all. (except for the achievement medal, if the challenge was recent)

Only winners will recieve the winner items (like crown of knowledge), sure, there are a ton of participation prizes that may confuse uniformed players to think that they are for winning but in my opinion it’s up to the players / developers to understand the value of these items, and know that they are usually awarded for any valid submission.

1 Like

I agree how some developers genuinely put in effort into these challenges and just leaving them off with the participation prize seems to not meet the level of appreciation.
But at the same time, don’t you think the people crazy for “free” items is much more than the number of people who are putting genuine effort?

We all know what happened with the developer crowns. The same repeated with imagination challenge’s achievement medal. Seeing this happen for much higher tier items will just break the system over “everyone gets everything”.

There should be something meant specially for the top ones to show their extreme skill in their game in my opinion, instead of making everything cyclic.

1 Like

This is a really cool attempt at making roblox development based events more successful but,

There are some people who have never ever even touched studios and they will hop into the competition just to get the accessories they don’t even deserve.

In my opinion there should be a system where some of the top performers get the reward like if there are 50000 entries or 60000 entries, only top like 5000-6000 should get rewarded,
This will make the event more competitive, while also avoiding fake developers from winning the rewards.

3 Likes

I disagree, yes this might bring in players that have never touched studio to gain the prices but this will be a way to introduce them to roblox studio. They’ll explore it and maybe gain an interest in game development.

4 Likes

The medal shouldnt be repositioned because of a UGC jacket. A normal R6/R15 avatar without said jacket or layered clothing wont experience the issue.

The keychain though, yeah i agree on this one

4 Likes

Even if the top some percent get the prices, new people will try and old roblox developers will also get more motivation as it will be more competitive

1 Like

Im prepared I WILL TAKE ON THE CHALLENGE and try to win

Good luck to EVERYONE who planned to participate

1 Like

Okay but when do theese events start?

1 Like

I think they will inform us when the Devrel series starts

3 Likes

Nice, time to grind some developing.

1 Like

Amazing!! Can’t wait for participate the events! :smile:

2 Likes

Giving motivation for developing for virtual hats, I know this isn’t the first time they’ve done this, but finally something good.

Can’t wait to completely rid myself of free will for this. :grinning:

1 Like

This seems very interesting, but how exactly does one participate on these events. Although this topic covers a lot of information about the accessories, I don’t seem to find where one could participate and find information about the events. If someone could let me know where I can find more information about these events, I’d be really grateful. Thank you very much.

2 Likes

Fun! Cant wait to get back into developing just to get these. They really fit me :slight_smile:

how does one participate in DevRel? I dont really understand how it’s going to work lol

2 Likes

Me too man, why are people talking about making games when the challenge says its in a live event?

someone please explain :woozy_face:

2 Likes