Dialog and Dialog Choice not working

Right now, when I want a NPC to communicate with a humanoid it works for the humanoid to select the choice of what to say but the speech on top of the npc does not show up. RobloxScreenShot20190127_113543179|690x345 I’ve tried multiple times and it seems not to work, I believe Roblox changed it, is there any solution on how to fix this?

I also tried using the dialog when i was testing, the speech bubble button works, but no speeches appear, no idea what causes this.
Edit: It appears this only happens on studio

2 Likes

Dialogue objects are extremely antiquated and not ideal if you’re attempting to create a dialogue system. I do not believe there is support for them any longer. I would not use this hunk of garbage if I was you. To answer your question however, this is a bug and not something you can solve. Dialogues are fully interfaced on the engine (CPP). You can’t edit dialogues beyond their properties and adding connections if a certain dialogue option is selected.

There was a question regarding the creation of dialogues earlier, to which you can see my response to. It’s a similar question, except that one is on how to create them while this one is regarding a dysfunctionality in dialogues. To summarise: there is a new official Roblox Dialogue System which is written in Lua. It’s customisable and would work amazingly for your use case.

Here is the post addressing Dialog/DialogChoice and the release of the new Dialogue Editor:

2 Likes