Dialog, dialog responses, and :Chat() cut off without the new bubble chat

This bug has started within the past month. I believe it may be related to the bubble chat rework:

Presumably the Dialog class used the same framework as bubble chat, and as a response they look slightly different - that’s fine, but the issue is they cut off after about one line without proper scaling.

I’ve received numerous reports about this in my games. Sadly there’s way too many dialog trees and chats in this old game to make a custom system currently viable for the interim (before new chat is activated for all).

I’ll switch over to new bubble chat when it’s out, but this effectively breaks all old uses and use cases of old dialog for games.

Using the Dialog/DialogChoice objects

New bubble chat off

New bubble chat on (which is great, but it’s not enabled for all users yet)

Using :Chat

New bubble chat off

New bubble chat on (which is great, but it’s not enabled for all users yet)

This is different than this bug I reported prior:

12 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

5 Likes

I want to bump this topic since this has been happening recently even with the new bubble chat. In games like Tower Defense Simulator the chat just cuts off and it is really bothering.

Device: Redmi Note8 (also happens on a Lenovo laptop)
Started happening since the bubble chat was enabled.

6 Likes

@MisterGreenTurtle any update on this? It makes Dialog, DialogChoices, and :Chat() very difficult to use - even if you do use the new bubble chat.

3 Likes

I felt the need to also bump this because it’s still a major issue. It’s happening in my game and causing problems.

1 Like

I am also bumping this, the dialog is still cut off in most of the games I have seen dialog in, and is still cut off in a game I dev on with no apparent solution.
EDIT: I just got told it can be fixed in my game be setting “BubbleChatEnabled” to true in chat settings, but the majority of dialog in many old games is broken and I’m annoyed that roblox broke old dialog and replaced it with a new system that is off by default, the devs from years ago aren’t going to log on for a day to enable some setting in their place

2 Likes

This is still an issue as of December 2022:

2 Likes

Is there any ETA on a patch for dialogchoices being cut-off? While the new BubbleChatEnabled setting solves this issue for regular chats and dialogs, dialogchoices are still left behind. This is an issue that has been going on for years.

It feels as if dialogchoices are on the edge of being marked as deprecated, which is a shame as this is an easy and quick way to build a dialog system using Roblox’s own features rather than having to build a custom one.

2 Likes