Dialog object behaving incorrectly

1. What do you want to achieve? NPC dialog behaviour set to single player behaving properly.

2. What is the issue? My NPC’s dialog’s behaviour is set to single player, which means that only one player can talk to the NPC at a time, and everyone else can see the conversation. However, this is not the case. It’s behaving like it’s set to multiplayer, with nobody else being able to see the conversation, except of course only one person can talk to the NPC at a time.

3. What solutions have you tried so far? I’ve looked, but turned up nothing.

I recommend doing this either through GUI or, if you want everyone to see it, through NPC messages. Or you could use GUIs above the NPC’s head.
As for me, honestly, these dialogue boxes seem outdated.

1 Like

I’ll have to if this weird issue can’t be fixed, but until then I’m sticking with it (unless you have recommendations for something else that exists and uses chat bubbles, too :full_moon_with_face:)
It is very dated though unfortunately :smiling_face_with_tear:

Honestly, in this case, I’m not even sure how to help. It seems like having a dialogue within a dialogue, you won’t be able to determine what is being said. Therefore, I recommend doing this through GUI. With GUI, you can execute any functions you want.
Indeed, regardless of the current situation, it will be more beneficial for the future. It will enhance both your scripting knowledge and the visual aspect of the project.

Oh I think I get what you mean, I’m pretty sure I didn’t do anything wrong with the dialogs inside the dialog, pretty sure it’s just how it works, it must be an issue with the new bubblechat or something and nobody cares about it because dialog is so dated and unused anyway haha so :person_shrugging: I guess I’ll make my own someday