Did Roblox update the physics? [Help!]

Hi all,

All of a sudden, the puck’s behavior in my hockey game is weird. I don’t know what happened, but it just started happening 2 days ago.

The puck suddenly stops upon touching the ground instead of sliding on ice after a secret Roblox update (?)

Is anyone else experiencing something like this? I tried messing with the physical properties, I haven’t found a solution yet.

Kindof random, but I remember something like this happening to me where I accidentally had a setting enabled that would create a weld between two parts if they started touching. Guessing there’s no weld created on the puck or floor though?

Is the puck set to Massless = True?

Nope, there’s nothing like that happening

Yes it is

I’m pretty sure the physics are just really messed up right now because in a lot of games I get flung when I walk into anything that’s unanchored, so that might be related to this issue, especially if this bug just started occurring in your game

Adding onto this, there’s a known fix which is to change the PhysicsSteppingMethod property in the Workspace tab to “Fixed.” This prevents the random flinging on unanchored objects. Maybe it’ll also change the physics of your puck?

1 Like